Fragrance Allergy

chigley

Hi, I have cruised on Queen Victoria in 2016 and 2017 without problems. Can any recent cruisers advise that there are no perfumed plug in air fresheners etc in the general areas. Many hotels are now filling their entire premises with scented air which is a major problem for me. I am due to cruise on her next month and would be grateful if someone could put my mind at ease.

Assuming your allergy is triggered by synthetic fragrances, there should be no problem. However, I recall last year's May crossings featured a huge lilly (AKA "pollen bombs") display in the middle of the Grand Lobby and elsewhere on the ship. I hadn't packed allergy pills for the crossings, thinking "what pollen would there be in the middle of the Atlantic?" Upon landing in Southampton, I had to take the shuttle to Westquay Mall to pick up some antihistamine at Boots!

I too suffer from chemical sensitivities. I have never had a problem on the ships (and my last cruise was in June). However, I steer clear of the lobby as lilies can also cause my blood pressure to drop alarmingly. It's only other passengers you need to worry about, those who wear their perfume like armour, to be smelt by others at a distance of 2 meters.

I too suffer from chemical sensitivities. I have never had a problem on the ships (and my last cruise was in June). However, I steer clear of the lobby as lilies can also cause my blood pressure to drop alarmingly. It's only other passengers you need to worry about, those who wear their perfume like armour, to be smelt by others at a distance of 2 meters.

Yes, I have to change places or leave completely many times. Sob

Sent from my iPhone using Forums