Cabins in the X Category

April42749

I am looking at a November Escape sailing......past final payment.

With the BX category, instead of "guaranteed cabin", they are giving me a choice of 3 actual cabins.

Question: Do they sell out of the actual X cabins before they do guarantee cabins.

My thinking is that "they do"....which leads me to believe that the sailing is a "slow seller" (Sunday after Thanksgiving)....which leads me to believe there will be price reductions.

OTOH....the cabins that they have are all the way forward with very large balconies. The other (for me) benefit is that I don't have to buy the "free perks" (since they are of no interest to me).

Any opinions about "the actual X cabins" being available.

There are a few “x” cabins. It is mostly another gaurantee cabin class they will keep selling until the day the ship sails. You get the real “x” cabins which at least you know where they are,,, once gone, you are back to an unknown, potentially a less desireable cabin closer to sail date.

In my experience, this is exactly what they do. We were looking at booking an X inside cabin on the Gem. At first, there were two cabins showing online (both quite undesirable locations), then after a week or two, just one of the two was showing. Then it seems that neither of the rooms were available anymore, and the only option was a guarantee cabin. I was apprehensive about this (I was thinking that the guarantee cabins would surely be even worse than the ones you could pick specifically), but we ended up booking with the guarantee cabin.

The actual cabin we've been allocated is in a MUCH better location than those two X category ones, so I'm feeling quite happy about taking so long to decide whether to book!