First Cruise Questions- Fantasy

cacyco

Hubby and I will be going on the Fantasy 4 day cruise next Sunday1/15 out of Cape Canaveral. This is our first cruise and have some questions pertaining to Fantasy ship.

I have searched the boards but find each boat to have different rules.

* Should I lock my suitcases?

* Is there a fridge in all rooms (staying interior empress deck)

* Can I get ice for my room? If so do I need to provide container?

* Can we get on boat earlier than 1:30 that states on boarding packet?

* Can I bring a 6 pack of a non alcoholic beverage on board?

If anyone has any other tips that I first time cruiser may need I would appreciate it. Im so excited but a lil nervous also.

If you are flying don't lock your suitcases until you get to the port.

Fantasy class ships only have refrigerators in the suites.

Your cabin steward will fill your provided ice bucket twice daily.

I always get to the port between 10:30 and 11:00. Usually on board no later than 12:30.

A six pack of soda is reasonable. They will allow this.

You may also bring a reasonable amount of wine/champagne. Don't know what they consider reasonable. Some people say only one bottle per person. I have personally brought on 4 bottles of wine/champagne. One time I carried a box of wine in my checked luggage. No problem.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Candi

I like to lock my bags from the start of a trip til the end. If you choose to do so, make sure you have TSA approved locks. TSA agents have a master key that will open the locks. The locks can be purchased at Wal-Mart. I actually bit the bullet a couple of years ago and purchased Delsey Helium luggage with built in TSA approved locks...best investment I've made in a long time...these suitcases are the best!

Hope you have a great cruise and, I'm not flaming you, but whenever speaking with the crew never refer to the SHIP as a "boat" . . . . . (it irks the livin' bejesus out of them). :D

On the GLORY last cruise, someone asked the Captain at the Captain's Party when he was taking questions, "Who's steering the boat?"

He replied, "I don't steer and she's not a boat. She knows the way. She's very obedient". :)

* Should I lock my suitcases? Yes Ty-wraps are a good choice.

* Is there a fridge in all rooms (staying interior empress deck) Not sure as the inside rooms on the Riviera did not.

* Can I get ice for my room? Rooms have Ice Buckets and they were filled daily. You can always ask for additional ice.

* Can we get on boat earlier than 1:30 that states on boarding packet? We arrived at the terminal at 1030a and were on-board within 45mins. They would not allow us to drop our carry-on's in our room until after 1PM. I've heard different but they post staff to prevent us from using the elevators or the stairs. Off to the Lido for lunch util the room was ready. Then you have the 4PM Pumpkin Drill.

* Can I bring a 6 pack of a non alcoholic beverage on board? We took a 12pk along with bottle water without any problems. I saw several people with more than one.

We had a great time on the Fantasy as it was also our first cruise. Many things to do along with some pretty good food. It was nice to top the end of the day off with a Grilled Corned Beef/Pastrami at the sandwich bar.

We used the ties on our luggage, they are great! Boarding was very quick and seems like we were in our stateroom in no time. The rest of our luggage was delivered very quickly. We did not take any extra drinks on board, just did not want to deal with the extra carry on items.

The Fantasy is a great ship for a first cruise or a quick get-away. We have booked the same cruise for our 5th Anniversary. The food is good and in abundant supply. The crew was always polite and took care of our every need. The one thing that my husband and I enjoyed was the room service. Each night at 2:00 AM we would call for a wonderful snack and it would be there in about 10 minutes. Let them pamper you! Just enjoy and have a wonderful time!! Tell us all about it when you get back!!!

Hi Cacyco, and welcome to the boards. Hope y'all have a fantastic first cruise.

* Should I lock my suitcases?

In your document packet you rec'd, there is a "Welcome Aboard" booklet. Read it. It contains a wealth of information, most of which you have asked about. One of the things in the booklet is that Carnival says LOCK your luggage before handing it over to the porter at the pier. They are not Carnival employees, but are employed by the city's port authority.

* Can I get ice for my room? If so do I need to provide container?

There will be an ice bucket in your cabin. Your steward will fill it twice a day. Ask for more if needed. (He will be off-duty from noon-5pm each day, but you can call room service if you need more ice.) Also - ask your steward if there is a passenger ice machine you can use. I've done this and don't mind getting my own.

* Can we get on boat earlier than 1:30 that states on boarding packet?

Get to the pier around 11, and you should be on the ship somewhere around noon. My cabin has always been ready when I board, so I drop off my carry-on, then head to Lido Deck for lunch.

* Can I bring a 6 pack of a non alcoholic beverage on board?

Carnival allows a 'reasonable amount' of soft drinks to be brought on board.

If anyone has any other tips that I first time cruiser may need I would appreciate it. Im so excited but a lil nervous also.

A first cruise is SO exciting...but then, so are all the cruises you take later.:D You'll be hooked. You asked about any other tips.....a big one is stressed in the booklet and on the website - NO irons, candles, or heating pads allowed in cabins.

We've been on the Fantasy many times--it's just a 45min drive from our house.

Always have had great food and the staff is very friendly.

Dont miss the deli- it;s back by the pizza place- great made to order sammies.

Have a great cruise!

Archived