help with first time Viking Rhine River

eal7

hi all..we are travelling with Viking from Basel to Amsterdam first week in Sept. Aware of all the water level issues just now, and wondering if anyone has experience with Viking giving you the chance to cancel or reschedule trip if it is going to be basically a river bus tour? I did call them but they told me it was too far out to discuss just yet. We really splurged on this trip for special occasion and would be gutted if we spent that amount just to sit on a bus or standard hotel. Any info would be appreciated. Eal

Here is the link for the 2018 Rhine Getaway roll call. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2525038&page=34

Join if you want.

There is a lot of good info and we are hoping to hear back from people on the ships now to see how Viking is handling the low water.

I also would not worry too much yet about low water. With a month to go, a lot can change with the weather.

Thanks for the replies. I was more interested in how Viking handles the situation, if they offer to switch dates for you or allow you to cancel without penalties if the itinerary has changed significantly.(for example: I was reading about people being put in hotels as a base and then a coach to the different cities/excursion, maybe 9 hours round trip. That just isn't what we signed up for.) We are keeping an eye on the weather and such, hope they get some much needed rain across all of Europe!clear.png?emoji-fingerscrossed-2012 (yn)(yn)(yn)(yn) I will check other threads as well, thanks for the roll call tip!