Quality of Viking

biotech

I have exclusively booked cruises with Viking for a total of 9 tours but have been unable to travel for the past 3 years. I am now looking at resuming river cruising but I'm wondering if Viking is the best choice. I have been told by other some river cruisers that the quality of Viking river cruises has deteriorated over the past few years.

I have not yet been on one of their long ships but know they have launched quite a few new ships since I last sailed. Has Viking reduced quality for quantity!

They have certainly reduced the number of paper flyers that they mailed out to customers but that is a good thing:-)

No need to worry about Viking and quality, they are one in the same as far as we're concerned,

We're booked for our third Viking River cruise for next May 2019 and can't wait. The ships are beautiful, the crew are wonderful, and we've met many fun, friendly folks from all over. The tours are very good and we definitely felt the optional excursions were well worth the minimal costs. The food was excellent and the cabins seemed just right for space, comfort, and viewing the scenery as you glide down/up the river.

We're also booked for our first two Viking Ocean cruises and are very excited to see how they measure up to the mass market ships that we've been on.

Enjoy!!

I concur with what those above me said. Our first Viking river cruise was in 2015 and we’ve been fortunate enough to take one per year since. No deterioration in quality as far as we’ve seen, and we look forward to cruise number 5 next March! I would happily try out most other river cruise lines, but so far Viking has been our answer.

Jeff

Thank you to everyone who replied. There are always people who will complain so it is very helpful to hear from people who are happy with a cruise line. Your comments were appreciated:-)