Ideas for 2nd day in Cuba for a family?

kasmca

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 early teen girls). We will be stopping in Cuba for 2 days. We have a private tour of Havana scheduled for the first day.

Any suggestions for the 2nd day? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back and we took private tours both days. There was plenty to see and keep you busy for 2 days with a tour guide! Havana totally exceeded my expectations! Just amazingly beautiful. Our tour guide did a walk tour for 3 hours and an hour in a convertible first day and 2 hours walking, 1 hour in a convertible and 3 hours in an air conditioned car second day. Just make sure when you set up a time to meet your tour guide, you allow yourself plenty of time to get off the ship! First time going through takes quite a while sometimes. It took us over an hour and a half and there will be no way to contact your guide if you are running late. Places I recommend are Fusterlandia, which is an area full of quirky, colorful mosaic buildings, the grand theatre which is an architectural stunner and tour the fortresses. The Jesus monument was very cool and just walking the streets and admiring the churches and European influence and flair of the buildings and cobbled streets is fascinating. You can stumble across some great art galleries and open markets and just absorbing the culture and people watching is such a phenomenal treat. If you're an animal person, there are tons of cats and dogs roaming the streets. Many dogs have cards hanging around their necks that have their names on them and say stuff like "I'm nice. Please don't hurt me" that are adopted off the street by businesses that vaccinate and feed them, but they come and go as they please. We never crossed any animals that were skittish, but they also weren't beggars. I would just recommend a bottle of Purell in case you see any that are to cute to resist petting. ;) If I had known ahead of time, I would have brought treats with me. If you only have the tour guide for a day, I recommend Fusterlandia and the island with the 2 fortresses and Jesus statue on it and possibly the rain forest if you have time as those are further out from the ship and harder to get to without transportation of some sort. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!