Tahitian Princess 19 January 2006

philipb

Hi guys! Have a great cruise....just a little more than a week to wait. My partner and I are doing the TP on 2-18-2006 and have not found any other family on board, or at least "on the boards". I would be interested to hear back from you after your cruise giving us your impression of the whole experience from a family members eyes! It's a long flight from the UK! Are you going to spend some time with your friends in Palm Springs before flying over the SECOND ocean? Safe travels-

Steven

Hi Steven, thanks for your reply. Yep, we are flying into LA on Saturday 14 January, overnighting with a friend there who will drive us to Palm Springs next day. That gives us 3 days staying with our friends and a chance to get over the long flight and the 8 hour time difference. Some friends of ours from the UK just did the Tahitian Princess cruise and really enjoyed it despite flying staight through (with just an overnight in LA) which is a bit of a 'killer'! They warned us off buying expensive excursions from Princess. Most of the islands you can rent a bike or a car and head off under your own steam. That's what we plan to do.

After the cruise we are headed off to New Zealand to stay with friends before going on to Australia (more friends!) and back to England on 28 February - in time for our spring. Don't know whether I'll have chance to post comments about the cruise before you set off, but I will try! Send me your e-mail address to my hotmail address below.

Archived