Coral Princess - B424 "Bumpout"

seacrystal

I have booked a cruise on the Coral Princess to Alaska in June 2005. I have been given Cabin B424. The room is in the "bumpout" section. Can anyone tell me good or bad about bumpouts? Also it appears to be directly across from the elevators. Will this be noisy?

• 2 weeks later...

We are in a similar room, B309, July 10-17. People have told us it isn't really noisy. We were reminded to be aware of the location of our door when we open it (people could see into the room). Also, we are going to ask the cabin steward to please not leave the door wide open when the room is cleaned- but I would hope they know that's not a good idea anywhere on the ship.

Happy Cruising!

We were in A503 on the Coral and loved it!!!! 1st of all since you're on the bumpout you have one of the best balcony views from the ship (no obstructions from the bumpout that other cabins may have). In addition, when I was on my balcony (the 1st bumpout facing aft on the Aloha deck with a wrap-around deck) I was able to see many of the balconies on the lower decks, but the bumpout balconies are completely private. On top of that you're mid-ship and will therefor experience less motion. I've never heard any complaints from elevator noise, but for one I loved being close to them & the stairs....easy access to the whole ship without navigating through long hallways (I always got lost in those). I'd say you got a great room!

Thanks Mezzaluna

I enjoy reading about all the different cabins. I have yet to find anyone who says they have been in my cabin B424. I guess I am just hoping someone will say they felt it was the best cabin on the Coral!

:p :p

Thanks 1stcruze

When my TA booked us in this room I didn't know what she was talking about with a bumpout. After I looked at the brochure it looked interesting. I am glad to know there will be awesome views. This is my DH's 1st cruze and I really wanted him to get a bird's eye view of Alaska. We are looking forward to having breakfast while visiting Glacier Bay. I have a long time to wait but just reading the boards helps!

;) ;)

1stcruze,

Your pics are awesome! They really helped me picture our balcony. Our friends will be in the room next to us and we are going to ask the steward to take the divider out so we can enjoy one long balcony. I can't wait for breakfast on the balcony while we are viewing the glaciers!

:cool: 1st cruze thanks fpr the pics. You helped us make a big decision. We were booked in D416 next to the bumpout on the Island Princess for next July southbound from Alaska. I just called our TA and changed to C504 which is the corner on the bumpout. Your pics helped us make the decision. This is our first cruise and we were not sure where we wanted to be. Everyones info helps so much. Annyone with comments about the Island would be appriciated

Stella RN:)

• 1 year later...

Archived