Isla Margarita

espmass

We will be stopping for a short visit to Isla Margarita in April (7-12:30). Not much time and I don't plan to shop so I assume the thing to do is hit a beach? If so, which ones do you recommend? Other than the beach and shopping, is there anything else not to be missed on such a short visit? thanks.

We will be stopping for a short visit to Isla Margarita in April (7-12:30). Not much time and I don't plan to shop so I assume the thing to do is hit a beach? If so, which ones do you recommend? Other than the beach and shopping, is there anything else not to be missed on such a short visit? thanks.
Here's another recent Celebrity thread on the topic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=269147

• 1 month later...

THERE IS A BEACH VERY CLOSE TO THE PORT. They had water scooters . available. There is a bar there. Beer was Approx. $2.00 Fifteen years ago my wife & I spent 2 week in the main city Polomar & at the beach men would bring Beer out to you in the water for 25 cents a beer & 20 cents for a Pepsi/

I say that all the time after about my sixth one, “Isla Margarita” and the bartender assures me it is ‘la Margarita’, thanks for bring back a great cruise memory!

Newtocc,

I believe the correct thing to say is " Isla Hava Margarita" :rolleyes:

We were on the Constellation 2 weeks ago and went to Isla Margarita. We loved it. There were friendly vendors at the pier and just beyond was a lovely beach with calm, clear, warm water. Some On CC have complained that there was a smell on the beach, but we encountered none.

BTW, the best buys on the island are the pearls and cheap coffee.

Archived