Sapphire Princess - 38 nights October 2018

Integravoilet

Hi - re the Florence (Livorno) stop, my partner and I would like to train it to Pisa and do our own thing. Anyone else done this? Did you pre-purchase tickets?

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There is a roll call list here that has a lot of information about this cruise. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2437350&page=64 If you would like to be listed on the roll call send me a line with your name, where you are from, where you are sailing from/to, cabin# and whether you would like to attend the Meet & Greet. My email address is tonyward@sympatico.ca You will find the roll call and tours lists at Post#1211 (Page 61) and the Meet & Greet info at Posts 804 & 820 (Page 41).

To answer your question, I have done it from Livorno to Pisa. It is very doable and enjoyable. You will have to take the ship's shuttle from the Port to the center of town in Livorno. From there you will need to get on the local bus to get to the train station. The bus stop is right around the corner from where the shuttle drops you off. Get on the train that will be heading toward Florence but get off at Pisa station (about 20 minutes). Trains run frequently. From the train station it is about a 25 minute walk right through town to the Tower. We did not purchase any tickets ahead of time. On the return trip get on the train going towards Roma Termini and get off at Livorno and do the reverse. A great way to see both Livorno and Pisa. We left the ship around 8:30 AM and were back on board by 3:00 PM. Hope this helps. And also hope to hear from you soon.