Boat ride for Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration

BlueBear4Travel

We are thinking about going on the shark alley-snorkeling tour with Coral Breeze. I ´ve read some good reviews about the company but I am wondering about the 40minute boat ride to Caye Caulker.

We want to take this trip at the end of august and this is completely irrational but I am frightened beyond belief when there is a bumpy ride. Put me into the water right next to the boat and I am completely fine but sit me into the boat and it bumps with the waves I will try to claw my fingernails into the railing.

Did anyone ever take this trip before and how big is the boat?

Was it a bumpy ride or were you feeling safe?

It is a small boat. The ride was bumpy, but it really depends on where you sit. It was a boat with seats all around the sides. Then, it had about four or five rows of two seats in the center. We were in the third row from the back, it was great! So it you do it, get in those center seats.

Thank you. Will try to get into the middle seats. There´s nothing else we´re interested in doing in Belize so I will just have to face my fears. It´s ridiculous not to have a great time just because of this boat ride, especially if one can swim ( I keep telling myself).

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back and booked this through ShoreExcursioneer.

BELIZE SHARK RAY ALLEY AND HOL CHAN

MARINE PARK SNORKEL EXCURSION BY AIR

The plane ride was about 15 minutes. We only had two other people on our snorkel boat and had the best guide. We had time to eat lunch at a wonderful restaurant right on the beach before our flight back. We had time to shop before we went back to the boat. So worth it. The best snorkeling ever!