Possible to snorkel in the afternoon?

bbtbear

Our ship will be docked at Mahogany Bay from 8am - 6pm. We have booked an ATV shore excursion from 9:15-1:45. This will leave us with almost 4 hours before last call to board the ship. I was thinking of trying to get in some snorkeling, but understand that the beach at Mahogany Bay is NOT good snorkeling water. I have read that snorkeling from shore at West Bay is amazing, and am interested in trying it out, but not sure how best to get there. Should I try to book a second excursion later in the day, or is it safe/possible to get a cab from the Mahogany Bay area to West Bay and go it alone? And would cabs be available there later to return us? I've never cruised before and am nervous about figuring something like this out when it's not part of a cruise line sponsored excursion, but on the other hand I may never make it back to this island again and would hate to miss what is supposed to be amazing snorkeling. What plans can I put in place to make this work and be sure I'll be back to the ship in time for sailing?

Thanks so much!

West Bay is it healthy 45-minute drive from Mahogany Bay.

Daniel Johnson at the sloth place is now taking out snorkelers. They are much closer to Mahogany Bay. I recommend you get in touch with them and see if they will send a driver to collect you at Mahogany Bay.