Passion or Nativity Facade Tower for La Sagrada Familia - Which is better?

msmoger

It seems like the Nativity Facade Tower is more popular than the Passion Facade Tower. Is my perception correct, and if so, why?

Thanks,

"Better" is subjective but .... the Nativity is very richly decorated, depicted figures are realistic representations and was actually completed under Gaudi's supervision. The Passion is quite abstract & austere when compared to the Nativity - believe it was completed sometime in the 1970's. Guess preferences would be dictated by the type of art one prefers. Lots of photos online - check them out.

Edited by dogs4fun

"Better" is subjective but .... the Nativity is very richly decorated and was actually completed under Gaudi's supervision. The Passion is quite abstract & austere when compared to the Nativity - believe it was completed sometime in the 1970's. Lots of photos online - check them out.

Thanks for the detailed response. We were actually there in 2010 and were able to do both towers. However, I can't say I really remember which one was better. I went ahead and ordered tickets for the Nativity Facade Tower. We're really looking forward to see the changes that have taken place since our last visit.

I think you are right that the Nativity tower is more popular. We will be there in Sept and H wants to do the climb. I couldn't get tickets to the Nativity tower first thing in the morning - so he's going to have to make do with the Passion tower instead.