Is it possible to check-in/drop off baggages and then le

whynotcruise

Has anyone done this before at the Miami pier? We're debating whether we should go from the hotel to the port, check-in and drop off baggages, return the rental car and then take the shuttle back. This will free us from carrying our baggages to the rental place and in the shuttle. Also, is there any place to park at the port for free just to check in and not for the whole day? Thank you for any suggestions! :)

Has anyone done this before at the Miami pier? We're debating whether we should go from the hotel to the port, check-in and drop off baggages, return the rental car and then take the shuttle back. This will free us from carrying our baggages to the rental place and in the shuttle. Also, is there any place to park at the port for free just to check in and not for the whole day? Thank you for any suggestions! :)

Ooops, the last word on the original title was supposed to be "leave". I guess it was too long.

You can go to the port and drop off your checked bags with the porters and then go return your car and only keep your carry-ons. You can then check in when you get back to the pier.:)

Thanks!! Will there be a place to park the car or can this be done at curbside?

Thanks!! Will there be a place to park the car or can this be done at curbside?

You don't really park as such. You just pull into one of the slots where porters are waiting with huge carts full of luggage. You jump out, open your trunk. The porter grabs your luggage. You tip him. Jump back in your car and go where you want.

What my husband and I do is a slight variation. After we give our heavy luggage to the porter, I take both our carry-on bags with me and wait at the cruise ship's passenger check-in door while hubby parks the car. Then he walks back without having to carry any bags at all and we meet up to go check in. I enjoy watching other passengers arrive. Everyone is in such high spirits and in a festive mood...well, almost everyone.

• 4 weeks later...
But can you check YOURSELF onto the ship and then get off it (with your carry-ons), and then come back on?????

Good luck getting OFF the ship in the first place. Everyone is coming on board and the only passage way OFF the ship that I've seen is the crew passage. I think it would be very difficult. And, getting back on may be difficult as well. You'd likely have to stand in line all over again. I suggest stopping on the way to the ship to pick up whatever sodas, water, etc. you need. And, trust me, once you're on board, you'll NEVER want to leave! :D

Archived