Days Inn Bahia Cabana, Ft. Lauderdale

keasc

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? If you have, what did you think of it?

I will be staying there for my upcoming Enchantment cruise & could use some info. The location seems good & from what I could see on the website it looks like a decent place, but you can never tell from pictures alone.

We stayed there before one of our cruises for a change of pace from the usual hotels, but wouldn't stay there again.

The pros:

1. It has a fairly decent outdoor restaurant and bar right on the intracoastal waterway. All covered in case of rain and I thought it was just a tad pricey.

2. It's just across the street from the beach.

3. It's stop #8 on the water taxi route.

The cons:

1. If you want to shop or go to another restaurant, there really isn't anything close by. The Yankee Clipper is the closest big hotel with a restaurant, but we chose to go to Las Olas on the water taxi where we had choices. The shop in the lobby is extremely limited on supplies. You have to take a taxi, water or land, to get to pretty much everything.

2. This hotel is often used by spring breakers and it shows, inside and out. The entire place could use a facelift. Lighting was poor in the room which was run down but clean. There is no free breakfast, buffet or continental style. You sit at the outdoor restaurant and order from the menu.

In all honesty, I would look for something else, but if you aren't too picky, it's okay for one night. I just took a look at the website. I have to say that our room looked nothing like those pictures and the website hasn't changed since we were there! They don't show you the true state of the hotel.

Bahia Cabana has NOT upgraded and haven't even fixed their Wilma damage!... IMO it's just another tired old dump awaiting the wrecking ball - Do yourself a huge favor and find another hotel!

Just a hint - In South Florida I would avoid the Days Inns, Ramadas, most Choice Hotels, and Best Westerns - IMO they're all pretty bad... The only exception to the above would be the Best Western Pelican Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale, it's NEW tower is very nice (but ONLY it's NEW tower).

keasc - Bahia Mar Resort is fine. It's not 4 or 5-star, but it's a decent place in a great location and frequently has very good rates.

We stayed Bahia Mar Beach Resort in April of 2005 It has a nice pool ,its own walkway above the road to the beach<It has a Deli across the parking lot,A resturant in the hotel and at the pool it has a bar & grill very close to everything on the beach strip.The water taxi is right next store. It is a little pricey but we all enjoyed staying there I hope this can help

TrentS & tcat, thanks for the info on Bahia Mar. I was going to book this hotel first, but Days Inn was a little cheaper. From the sounds of it I'll be much happier switching. Thanks again.

Archived