Texting through CCL app?

flyboyswife

My daughter will be cruising with me next week and I'm going to allow her to wander the ship without me this time (she's 12). I don't plan to buy the wifi package but it would be great if we could communicate in some manner.

I may be going crazy but I swear I read something about a $5/pp option to be able to text on board to other shipmates. I'd be willing to spend $10/week to be able to do this! Is this an option or did I make it up? Thanks in advance!

Yes it is an option my 22 and 18 year used it this past July on the Liberty. My dd thought her brother did not work but you have to keep the app open in order to use it once he did that they had no problems what so ever. They purchased it through the app using what was on the SS Card.

We opted for the Social Wi-Fi instead. Used Facebook Messenger amongst ourselves, and also to keep in touch with people back home. (They make a specific Messenger for Kids that only allows them so speak to people the parent allows, which I use with my kids if iMessage doesn't work.) I think SnapChat works as well?

You can check a variety of social media platforms. And check-in for your flight, too. $4/day, but a little bit cheaper if you pre-purchase.

We have used it for my oldest daughter since it was implemented and yes it can be hit or miss so the social media has been more reliable.

We always have rules in place such as decks she is allowed on, no going into or bringing someone else into cabins and then check in times for example. She is 16 now and has only once pushed the limit once and that caused a boring few cruise days for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter will be cruising with me next week and I'm going to allow her to wander the ship without me this time (she's 12). I don't plan to buy the wifi package but it would be great if we could communicate in some manner.

I may be going crazy but I swear I read something about a $5/pp option to be able to text on board to other shipmates. I'd be willing to spend $10/week to be able to do this! Is this an option or did I make it up? Thanks in advance!

We used this and as long as you leave the app open, it works beautifully! We purchased on board directly through the HUB app.