Bidding to mini or Haven?

Jerzzygirl

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know for sure if bidding on a mini suite cabin HURTS your chances of winning a bid for a Haven cabin? Usually I only bid on Haven, but figured I would try for a mini suite also this time. Here on CC there are conflicting posts. Some say yes, some say no but for those of you that HAVE bid on both were you successfull winning a Haven over the mini? Thanks for any info you can contribute.

I currently have a midship balcony on 14th floor. Seems like a good location, but worried about pool deck noise above. Had a bid in on a mini but cancelled. Not sure if the mini would be similar (mid ship) or not. Should I bid or stick with what I have? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was thinking that also. But on the Getaway I haven't really read of any undesirable locations. Do you know of any?

I believe some minisuites are located above the “waterfront” which could be noisy...and Ibelieve one side of could be smoky, too.

I initially bid low for a mini suite then cancelled it. I fear a worse location than my current balcony. And, knowing I can only win one bid, don’t want an iffy uprade to a minisuite to knock me out of bidding for the Haven.

I believe some minisuites are located above the “waterfront” which could be noisy...and Ibelieve one side of could be smoky, too.

I initially bid low for a mini suite then cancelled it. I fear a worse location than my current balcony. And, knowing I can only win one bid, don’t want an iffy uprade to a minisuite to knock me out of bidding for the Haven.

That's exactly why I keep canceling my mini suite bid lol but would it knock us out of a Haven win? :confused:

I think it could easily knock you out of a haven win. The rules state you can only have one winning bid, so if you bid for a minisuite tonight, they could accept your bid immediately (or anytime they are ready), and, presto, your bids for Haven are void. And no more bidding opportunities for that cruise.....That is what I was told on another cruisecritic thread. It is the plain language of the rules. So I believe it is correct.

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know for sure if bidding on a mini suite cabin HURTS your chances of winning a bid for a Haven cabin? Usually I only bid on Haven, but figured I would try for a mini suite also this time. Here on CC there are conflicting posts. Some say yes, some say no but for those of you that HAVE bid on both were you successfull winning a Haven over the mini? Thanks for any info you can contribute.

How do you bid never heard about this ???

How do you bid never heard about this ???

The program is called Upgrade Advantage. We Some people (maybe most, but not all) are invited to bid for upgrades. One needs to set up a “MyNCL” account on NCL website so they can communicate with you and cruise reservation should be in that account. For those who book early, I think offers go out at about 80 days before the cruise. For those who book later, offers may go out a few days after cruise is booked and paid. Bidding is electronic. If you look through these boards you will see many threes about bidding.

• 1 month later...