Hotel Question

We've used the Stay, Park & Cruise package at Ramada Liberty Airport in Newark many times with good results and service before our many Anthem cruises.

We booked this through https://www.trinityreservations.com/index.php.

Note pricing shown includes all taxes and fees. Since 5 of the 6 Anthem cruises we did were 12 night ones it was cheaper to do the package than paying $20/day parking at the port and we were driving from a distance away so we needed a hotel the night before anyway.

There are also packages offered with no parking if you are being drop off.

The Ramada is just north of EWR airport on Frontage Rd which is just off or above the I-78 expressway and 9 miles from Cape Liberty.

I would like to know if there are any hotels very close to the Port of Bayonne that someone could recommend?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

The closest hotels to Cape Liberty are about 9 miles away in Newark and Jersey City. The one hotel listed for Bayonne has the reputation of being a "no tell hotel".

If you're parking at the port, your very best deal is a park, sleep, cruise through Trinityreservations.com for 2 people at the Ramada Plaza for $182 tax included for a room and round trip port transportation. Since port parking is $140 plus some Turnpike toll, this means that you would be paying about $40 to get a hotel room. This package is very popular with cruisers. I have used it and was very happy with it and would do it again.

If you feel you must drive to and park at the port, you might was to consider the LaQuinta at Harmon Meadows Mall (http://www.harmonmeadow.com/Pages/index.html) in Secaucus for $119 plus tax and free overnight parking. This would give you dining and mall shopping options. At Newark Airport lastminutetravel.com is showing Springhill Suites for $103 plus tax. The Doubletree, which is under construction, is $95 plus tax. However, these hotels do charge $12-15 for parking.

I am concerned about the traffic that we may incur because of the tunnel.

"Reverse" commute, is unlikely. Perhaps an accident may affect your travel, but leave with enough time to spare. You have all day (well, until 2:30 to board the ship). Why spend hundreds of unnecessary dollars, when you don't have to? Hotel room, parking, and meals equals $$$. Heck, you can leave home at 11am ....WAY past traffic time.....and get there easily, with time to spare. Just saying.

We are from Northwest, NJ.....so we travel WITH tons of traffic on route 80East...omg...to 287South....to 78East omg.....INSANE......bumper to bumper with NO accidents. We leave early (just in case) and have ALWAYS made it there with plenty of time to spare.

People would kill to be so close to a cruise port.

I would like to know if there are any hotels very close to the Port of Bayonne that someone could recommend?

We come from the Boston area and arrive the day before. We stay at the Courtyard Newark Elizabeth. It’s a decent location with a restaurant right by if you don’t want to eat in the hotel and there is a huge outlet there too—which I have not gone to. We like it very much. Safe, clean, and close by.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"Reverse" commute, is unlikely. Perhaps an accident may affect your travel, but leave with enough time to spare. You have all day (well, until 2:30 to board the ship). Why spend hundreds of unnecessary dollars, when you don't have to? Hotel room, parking, and meals equals $$$. Heck, you can leave home at 11am ....WAY past traffic time.....and get there easily, with time to spare. Just saying.

We are from Northwest, NJ.....so we travel WITH tons of traffic on route 80East...omg...to 287South....to 78East omg.....INSANE......bumper to bumper with NO accidents. We leave early (just in case) and have ALWAYS made it there with plenty of time to spare.

People would kill to be so close to a cruise port.

I am inquiring..have you seen the construction on the Lincoln tunnel..they were saying at some point about they were going to use one lane..does that effect us?

I am inquiring..have you seen the construction on the Lincoln tunnel..they were saying at some point about they were going to use one lane..does that effect us?

How long do you think it would take to get through the LT? 1,2,3,4 hours? I mean yes, it may take a little longer than usual, but certainly not hours. Most people are trying to get into NYC in the am...not out of NY. I am just trying to save you money. It is just silly to me, as we have the bumper to bumper traffic in the morning and always make it to the port by 10:30.

PS: We are driving from NJ to Baltimore in November, the day of the cruise. We don't want to waste $$ on a hotel room, parking and meals when we don't have to.

I see what you are saying..and I agree with you. I normally don't go that way..so I was inquiring. I would like to save a few dollars if I can. So I will leave around 9am..that should give us plenty of time.

Have a wonderful time on the Anthem!!! We have been on a few ships that you have been on. I think you will love the Anthem!

I see what you are saying..and I agree with you. I normally don't go that way..so I was inquiring. I would like to save a few dollars if I can. So I will leave around 9am..that should give us plenty of time.

Where are you in the Bronx? Do you have access to the Henry Hudson Parkway without using I95?The usual advice for folks coming from the North is to take the HH Pkwy South, pay the $6 toll (IMO worth every penny because the locals avoid it), get off at the GW Bridge where you have a dedicated lane access onto the Bridge going against rush hour traffic. You take the Turnpike South following the signs to the Lincoln Tunnel (don't get off - this puts you on the eastern spur) and then on to exit 14-14A-14B-14C getting off at exit 14A. Follow the signs to Chosin Few Way and at the end make a left onto the port road.