Transportation from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

What would be the cheapest and best one way transportation option for 2 of us going on the Mariner of The Seas in April flying into Orlando Airport on the day of the cruise ( Sunday ) arriving at about 9:30 AM and getting to Port Canaveral?

FYI..... We do not need transportation back to the airport as we live in florida.... I know! We should know this info:rolleyes: , But never flew in and didn't have transportation before.....

Thanks for any info and insight you can provide...........

Cheapest would probably be a one-way car rental; there are several rental agencies near the port and they will shuttle you to the port after dropping off the car.

With just two people, though, you may want to consider just getting the RCCL bus transfers. I think the one-way fare per person is $25, so that would probably be just as cheap as a rental car, and less hassle. :)

We (there was 4 of us) rented a car from Avis at the Orlando airport a couple of years ago. I don't remember the hotel, but there is a hotel right near the dock where you can drive to and drop off the car (Radisson, maybe?). Avis provided a free shuttle from there to the dock. I can't remember if you had to reserve a time on the shuttle or not, but I think they ran every 1/2 hr and it was very easy.

Cheapest would probably be a one-way car rental; there are several rental agencies near the port and they will shuttle you to the port after dropping off the car.

With just two people, though, you may want to consider just getting the RCCL bus transfers. I think the one-way fare per person is $25, so that would probably be just as cheap as a rental car, and less hassle. :)

Mariner in May, transfers from the airport to the port are $64 per person round trip.

The only caveat is that you have to wait until the ONLY RCCL shuttle for the day leaves - at 2 p.m.

We are actively investigating alternative methods!

With only two passengers going, we would suggest what we do, rent a car from Avis or Budget, both have shuttle service to the port. We prefer Budget as they are much more polite and helpful. You can lease a small vehicle for probably less than $30 and get to the port when YOU want to.

Tim & Crystal

I vote for renting the car at Budget and driving down to Port Canaveral. We always use this method when we're sailing from this port. It is cheaper and you're in control of your own schedule as opposed to being at the mercy of the cruise line shuttle.

Two of us are going on Mariner on Feb 12th. We reserved a rental from Budget 1-way for $25.69 total after taxes. The cruise line transfers were $25 a piece each way so the rental is half the price. There's a bunch of ways to get a discount from Budget I'm sure you could find with a quick Google search, but I used the Sams Club code W810100.

The downside of renting a car is that you do have to drop the car at the Budget lot about 3 miles from the pier and take the Budget shuttle to the pier (we drop our luggage at the pier first). However, the downside to taking the cruise ship bus is that you have to wait around until there's enough people to fill a bus before they'll let you board. We've waited for more than an hour for the bus at MCO in the past.

Archived