New Orleans embark/debark on NCL

davy jones

On 8/20/2018 at 12:48 PM, tvlworm said:

Odd question but does anyone know if there is a vending machine in the terminal? I thought I read (in a post that I can no longer find!) that there is one that sells coke. Can you buy multiple cans to bring on with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

not sure believe there are snack concession stands, can't remember about vending machines

1 hour ago, fizboBunny said:

How was the embarkation? What time did you arrive?

We arrived at the port at 9:30am as per our check in time. We were seated in the waiting area at 10am. Group 1. Once the ship was cleared, we heard platinum, suites, special needs called, then group 1 was called. We were on the ship at 11:15 and having lunch in O'Sheehans at 11:30.

Sailed on the Dawn out of New Orleans on 02/26/17, the Sunday before Mardi Gras Tuesday. Suggest trying to find a hotel close by the cruise terminal - if there are any left. The city closes most of the streets in the downtown area that Sunday for the parades. There will be a couple main routes left open to get to the cruise port that morning, but it will be slow and you will encounter a lot of traffic. The taxis had problems like every one else. Talked to cruisers that flew in that Sunday morning, and weren't able to get to the port in time. They fortunately had insurance, and were able to get onboard at the first port.