Early Saver-How often do you check prices?

braz88

Though I don't book Early Saver any more (Past Guest has been better for me) I check once daily for better prices/rates until final payment date.

When I did book Early Saver I checked daily until 2 days prior to sailing. By far the majority of price reductions after final payment date were for new bookings only and/or for guaranteed cabins.

I thought this was done automatically. You have to manually check it and request the OBC?

Yes.. if you find a lower price you need to fill out a price protection request form.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh goodness...where is this early saver link? I cant seem to find it or find out if I even booked with the early saver option. How would I find that?

such a newbie LOL

The one way I check is in your Carnival booking confirmation there would be Early Saver information under Guest Notes.

As far as the form just google carnival price protection form and it will take you to the page.

Hope this helps !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I check 3 or 4 times a week.

Be careful though, I did find a lower price so I called them to see if they could process it for me (I was concerned I would mess up the online form somehow). Good thing I called because although the price was lower (by $30 total) I would have lost my $50 OBC that I received when I booked. The better price I found would only give us $25 OBC

I check 3 or 4 times a week.

Be careful though, I did find a lower price so I called them to see if they could process it for me (I was concerned I would mess up the online form somehow). Good thing I called because although the price was lower (by $30 total) I would have lost my $50 OBC that I received when I booked. The better price I found would only give us $25 OBC

I check several times/wk. I have gotten $290 in OBC for an upcoming cruise. It gets a bit complicated though because you have to get the price reduction in your category. Hard to narrow it down. I always call my PVP and he checks it out for me. Too bad that they got rid of Fareviewer. It was so much easier with that.

Does it matter if or which TA you use? Does it work better if you v=book direct with carnival?

Yes and no, everyone that books Carnival's Early Saver is eligible to claim a price reduction for either a lower balance due or as OBC if paid in full. BUT how you originally booked does impact the process you go through to get the price adjustment.

If you booked through a TA, a big box membership travel division, or a online reservation consolidator, you need to contact your agent or their customer service directly. It's on them to process the price claim in a timely manner with Carnival, as they own the actual contract with the cruise line. Sometimes because of "office" hours certain agencies, clubs, or the volume of email communications to a virtual TA, they will miss being able to prove the lower price.

If you booked directly online or over the phone with Carnival or with a Carnival PVP you simply fill out the online form at Carnival.com (24 hours a day) or call the customer care # on your booking confirmation. Additionally those that booked through a PVP can call them (or their back-up), up to final payment date, to ask if the new price will impact other discounts, OBC, or perks that may of come with the original booking to truly compare if it's a better deal.

Oh goodness...where is this early saver link? I cant seem to find it or find out if I even booked with the early saver option. How would I find that?

such a newbie LOL

Carnival website, home page, bottom of page under Customer Service.

(that is where to find the price protection form)

Normally check daily. However, not much reason to check now. Even though our next cruise isn't till Jan. 2020. We have a premium balcony. Only one left. So don't think the price will be coming down, any time soon.

Same here. The cabin choice makes a difference but I like what I like so I'm fine with no big OBC.

Normally check daily. However, not much reason to check now. Even though our next cruise isn't till Jan. 2020. We have a premium balcony. Only one left. So don't think the price will be coming down, any time soon.
You can continue to check once that is sold out. If suites come down to that price or less you can under Early Saver do a free upgrade. We have done that twice and gone from a 4K interior to an 8D standard balcony (plus $20 OBC). The second time was from an 8A obstructed balcony to an Ocean Suite (paid $28 more for the increased auto-gratuity).

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app