The Dream...nov '06

HI ALL.... just wondering, is anyone thinking about the Dream for in Nov, 06.....we are...looking at the 25th (after Thanksgiving)...we were on her this past Oct (her first out of Houston) and had a great time, however, we didn't get to far...only one scheduled port, and one they added....due to storms, and her engine problems, so we are thinking about her again, hopefully making all the stops...LOL :)

till we all sail again....jus me..jim...the velvet teddy bear:cool:

Jim, so happy for you guys that you got booked.. I will sure be happy when we get our date nailed down..

I am keeping my fingers crossed that NCL puts Roatan back on the itinerary. I talked to the Latitude department a few days ago and they still say Progresso..

Hi guys,

You all were the funnest group of CC to sail with, since we started cruising.

We'd change our booking from the Grand Princess if they put Roatan back on. We liked the Dream and the crew. My husband has his heart set on diving in Roatan from talking to other divers. Plus, Progresso wasnt a favorite stop of ours.

We were on the Dream departing Houston on December 31, 2005. Today is my first day back to work...and I'm having trouble getting my sea legs back. It seems that the whole building is a little unsteady. But that has nothing to do with what we're talking about here.

Roatan was on the itinerary, as was Cozumel and Belize. It was Cancun that was cancelled on our trip. We did excursions at each stop, but are regretting it now. We had no time to shop at either Cozumel or Roatan, only in Belize did our excursion depart and return on time...even though we booked through NCL.

Beginning Oct. 7, 2006, the Dream drops Roatan.

I called NCL, the 200 dollar credit is taken off the remainder of the cruise price, after you make the full deposit..But it is there:)

7-Day Texaribbean - Norwegian Dream

2006: Oct 7, 14, 21, 28; Nov 4, 11, 18, 25; Dec 2, 9, 16, 23, 30

2007: Jan 6, 13, 20, 27; Feb 3, 10, 17, 24; Mar 3, 10, 17, 24, 31; Apr 7

DayPort

Arrive

Depart

SatHouston, Texas

SunAt sea

-

-

MonProgreso, Mexico

8:00am

4:00pm

TuePlaya Del Carmen (Calica), Mexico

9:00am

Cozumel, Mexico

10:30am

6:00pm

Wed Belize City, Belize

6:00pm

Thurs At sea

-

-

Fri At sea Sat

Houston, Texas 8:00am*

-

-

4:00pm

When we were in Roatan in early December 2005, we took a private tour. Our tour guide told us that Royal Carribbean either purchased the dock or entered into a long term lease. I can't remember exactly if it was a purchased or a long term lease. I am not sure if this is the reasoning behind NCL taking Roatan off the map. But the only ship going to Roatan in late 06 is the Dawn twice a month. So, I'm just putting 2 and 2 together... Also, she said RCCL is considering expanding to have 3 docks...

Keep in mind, I take this info as second hand, and possibly rumor, but thats the info I got from a local person...

When we were in Roatan in early December 2005, we took a private tour. Our tour guide told us that Royal Carribbean either purchased the dock or entered into a long term lease. I can't remember exactly if it was a purchased or a long term lease. I am not sure if this is the reasoning behind NCL taking Roatan off the map. But the only ship going to Roatan in late 06 is the Dawn twice a month. So, I'm just putting 2 and 2 together... Also, she said RCCL is considering expanding to have 3 docks...

Keep in mind, I take this info as second hand, and possibly rumor, but thats the info I got from a local person...

Ah, ha.. I knew there was something behind it.. It makes sense..

But one thing we know for sure, things on cruise lines can change in a New York minute..:p

Princess is going there too. That is why I am currently booked on the Grand Princess for 2007. We like Princess, but we really liked the Freestyle experience on NCL....sigh. The Dawn does go where we want, but it's an 11 day voyage, so too long for vacation from work.

Went on Dream to Alaska with broken engine rod, etc. Trying to determine whether to book on Dream repositioning cruise on April 25th. Anyone who cruised recently please reply if you know the ship has been fully repaired. Also reply if you know it hasn't. Thanks.

Hi all....well, we are booked...they took the money...(credit card...NCL of course)..need the points.....And they are giving us 200.00 credit off because of the last cruise....plus we got a little off because of being past cruisers....so we are traveling for about $150.00 each less than the last time....and, yep....we booked the same cabin.... my TA is still trying to get another $!00.00 total off because of our understanding of the amount to be given because of all the problems in Oct....but we still got a good deal.....I think......but being up graded to a balcony would be nice...;)

now to see how fast the year goes...........

till we all sail again.....jus me...jim...the velvet teddy bear:cool:

Archived