Can you ask for a specific head waiter for dinner?

lahoban

Sure you can always ask. Problems as I see them are that the waiters are assigned to certain tables and you are assigned to a crertain table. What would probably have to happen is you talk to the Matri'd to find out what tables they are working then tip the Matri'd enough that he will put you at one of the tables the waiter handles. They probably would have to move someone from those tables to make room for you to sit there.

Ask everybody has suggested ask the Maitre D', but as a reminder head waiters and waiters do not always stay in the same dining rooms for their whole contract. So it may be that this head waiter might be in one of the personal choice dining rooms during your cruise.

Carole

Moma Lisa I'll ask my friend tomorrow. I did not write his name down last night when I talked to her and I can't remember it. She said he was fabulous. Could not have asked for anyone better. Did you enjoy your cruise?

LeAnn, you are sure to love the Caribbean Princess. The last time we sailed her (May 04) we went Personal Choice for dining. I don't think that I will do that again. I did like the convenience but missed out on the rapport with the wait staff.

The traditional dining room is where they supposedly put their best staff. They were as they all say, "excellent!" I was sad to leave them on Friday evening. Take for example, one evening Tiziano caught me up from the table cutting my son's steak. He immediately wisked over and said, "Ma'dam, you sit and enjoy your meal. I'll get that." Nearly every night I was brought a delicious plate of cookies, sometimes even before dessert time. It was kind of an inside joke but if the joke was on me, I loved it! I have a hundred other examples of them going overboard to spoil us. You'll have a great time!

Lisa

Ask everybody has suggested ask the Maitre D', but as a reminder head waiters and waiters do not always stay in the same dining rooms for their whole contract. So it may be that this head waiter might be in one of the personal choice dining rooms during your cruise.

Carole

That's why you go talk to the Matre'D:cool:

In the Dining Room are:

Maitre D (for all Dining Rooms and one for the whole ship)

Asst. Maitre D (usually referred to as Maitre D for each Dining Room)

Head Waiter -- supervises a group of waiters and just tells jokes

Waiters -- Persons who actually serves the tables

Asst. Waiters -- helps the waiter

Does the OP want a specific "Head Waiter" or a specific "Waiter"?

/Sultan

Archived