Did we just have a bad experience??? Or....

Shelley9962

We were on the Legend on the 19th of December and I definately wouldn't say that the service was GREAT but I can't say that we didn't have a great time still...

In the dining room, our headwaiter had to do many of the things that on past cruises our assistant waiter has done. We usually saw our assistant waiter at the beginning of the meal to get our drinks and bread and then had to ask our waiter to do that later in the evenings.. We ended up making a joke out of the fact that one of our tablemate's constantly needed water and I always seemed to need more ice tea...

We did look around quite a bit and notice that our waiter was probably doing more tables than he could handle and was very short handed... With something like that, I don't think that you can blame the head waiter when that happens. I think that it's a sign to Carnival and the Matre'D (spelling?) that something needs to be changed, especially if your head waiter is waiting on 3 tables that are all equal to or more than 8 people...

We had a great time and our headwaiter tried to entertain us on a few nights but with the initial language barrier did leave us all saying to one another "What was he saying?" when he left the table.

We did seem to notice that there was more of a presence of security on this ship than I have ever seen on a Carnival ship before. We just thought maybe it was because of the holiday season and the fact that there were so many kids on the ship, but I'm really not sure of that!!

I wouldn't say that the entertainment was all that great. Our CD did a skit that he said "he and one of his other CD assistant's made up"... Whether or not I believe that is another question as we saw close to the same skit in June on the Inspiration.

I can't say that our CD wasn't funny but I can't say that he was all that great either.... I think that no one can compare to the first CD we had on the Ecstasy (Mark, I wish I could remember his last name!!! (I thought it was Anderson but everyone keeps telling me NO!!)) He was great and always seemed to be on the intercom telling us where to go and what to do, I really enjoyed that.

Overall we had a really great cruise, the cabin stewards were great, the food was good (although a different menu from ship to ship would be nice!!!) the ports were fun and we made the best out of a vacation that you can and did was your supposed to do and came back wishing that we were still there the next week so that someone else could be cooking and cleaning for us.... *sigh* Sure would be nice to live on a cruise ship hu?!?!?!

Try different times of the year with Carnival but keep your previous experience at hand and just keep open minds... Your vacation is what you make of it!!! Just remember to go and have fuN!!!

Like StacyinPa, I was also on the Victory (Dec. 18-25). Would've enjoyed meeting you. As far as service, I had the exact opposite. We were in the Atlantic Dining room-late seating and our waiter and assistant was wonderful (chairs always pulled out, napkins on lap, water glass never empty, and never felt rushed). Room Steward was fantastic as was the rest of the service staff.

I agree with Stacy on the lack of activities. This was one of the things I mentioned in my review that Carnival seems to have cut back in this area. My last cruise on Carnival, there was always 2-3 things I wanted to do at the same time. This year, I didn't find much of interest. We did have 5 days at sea and not the best of weather, so I took more naps than I normally would. The evening lounges were very enjoyable. I loved karaoke and went every night plus the piano bar was fun.

I would still travel on Carnival and most of the reason is because I found the staff great.

Archived