Which pier in San Juan? Freedom of the Seas

ahill13

I was disappointed to find this out

The one good thing when sailing with CCL out of PR was that you could basically walk out of the OSJ Sheraton(formerly Wyndam) go check in toss your carryons in your cabin and still have a half a day and evening to enjoy OSJ

OHWELL

I guess I will have to suffer;p

Wow - this blows our entire plan! We're staying at the Sheraton OSJ thinking we could walk to the ship at our leisure. Now we have to figure out what to do with our luggage if we want to explore OSJ Saturday before boarding the ship. So much for planning.

Wow - this blows our entire plan! We're staying at the Sheraton OSJ thinking we could walk to the ship at our leisure. Now we have to figure out what to do with our luggage if we want to explore OSJ Saturday before boarding the ship. So much for planning.

The hotel will hold your luggage until whenever you want to grab a cab and head to the ship. We have done that before. now we just get on the ship and enjoy the day laying at the pool. Love cruising from San Juan, by far our favorite port.

Thanks! We love OSJ and want to enjoy a day visiting again - we were there a week before the hurricane hit last year. I wonder how early you can check your bags with RCCL? We wanted to have breakfast in OSJ and explore, then check in and put our stuff in the room, eat, then head back out to OSJ for the rest of the day. Now it sounds like a lot of cab rides, so we'll probably just explore in the morning then head to the ship. Appreciate the info!

Thanks! We love OSJ and want to enjoy a day visiting again - we were there a week before the hurricane hit last year. I wonder how early you can check your bags with RCCL? We wanted to have breakfast in OSJ and explore, then check in and put our stuff in the room, eat, then head back out to OSJ for the rest of the day. Now it sounds like a lot of cab rides, so we'll probably just explore in the morning then head to the ship. Appreciate the info!

We have checked our bags as early as 9 am. But like you said, a lot of cab rides. I would just leave my luggage at the hotel, go enjoy your day and then board the ship when you are ready to stay put.

We have checked our bags as early as 9 am. But like you said, a lot of cab rides. I would just leave my luggage at the hotel, go enjoy your day and then board the ship when you are ready to stay put.

This is your best option. Forget about being early to the ship and explore the city. Even have a local lunch in one of the many good restaurants.

Cab driver will certainly haul you all the way over to the Pan American terminal (and the mile-long entrance road), let you drop your bags and then haul you back. Maybe $25. But a LOT easier to just leave bags with hotel bellman and not go over until you are ready to stay there. More secure, too.

We're staying at the Hyatt Place San Juan City Center. Can drop off our stuff then go and explore. Short cab ride to OSJ.

Virtually all hotels we've stayed in have allowed us to drop bags.

Virtually all hotels we've stayed in have allowed us to drop bags.

True, for us since the pier is so close, we'll just drop our stuff off then explore not worrying about having to go back and pick them up. Uber is reasonable in cost so this plan works for us.

I believe Uber is still questionable in San Juan PR, i know that as of last Feb 2018 the could not pick up at airport. Taxi in San Juan are flat rate based on their commonly available rate map

As far as I know Uber can still only drop off at the airport but are not permitted to pick up at the airport. Uber can drop off and pick up at the port though.