Complimentary Airport Coach to Southampton

MicroPilot

Travelling TA one way on Azura and flying back from Barbados.

I note that our itinerary on the personaliser has updated to show that our coach from Gatwick to Southampton at the start of our holiday in October leaves the airport at 12:00 midday. For the purposes of booking car park arrival, How accurate is this?

Our confirmation invoice describes us as being on “first coach”, presumably because we’re booked in a suite.

Last year we too had a suite on Britannia Transatlantic to Barbados and took the free airport coach to Southampton but from Manchester. We like you were told that we were on the first coach at 8:00 am as we had priority check in. We even rang P&O who assured us we would be on the first coach. We arrived at the coach station at 7:20 to find out that we were allocated to coach 12 as passengers had been there since 6:00am we told intercruises that we had been allocated to the first coach but they weren't interested and said that coaches were on a first come first served basis. This resulted in us arriving at Southampton at 13:30 rather than 12:00. Never again! We'll make our own way in future!

We have used the transfer coach from Gatwick to Southampton on a TA and tickets were handed out on a first come first served basis. There can be as many as 10 coaches travelling down to the port, they fill up one at a time and depart when full.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have used the transfer coach from Gatwick to Southampton on a TA and tickets were handed out on a first come first served basis. There can be as many as 10 coaches travelling down to the port, they fill up one at a time and depart when full.

Thanks. Any idea what time they start giving out tickets?

Thanks. Any idea what time they start giving out tickets?

We arrived at Gatwick at 11:45 and my recollection is that they started giving out coach numbers around 12:15, although there were many people already waiting there for the coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums