BCN Tips

martyap

Understanding variables occur everyday could you offer any valuable tips or suggestions.

We arrive on a Thursday in October around 10:00am......easy to go through passport control? Get baggage? Grab a taxi?

We disembark on a Thursday and have a noon flight to JFK. Our plan right now is to self disembark with our luggage at around 7:30am. My understanding is that we just exit since customs is not applicable..............want to be at BCN by 8:00.........is that too early to check in? Any tips for BCN.......check in? security? Any?

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Still looking for some BCN advice.

For a noon flight to JFK how early would the Delta counter be open for check in and would an 8:00 am check in be too early......that is 4 hours and not sure if they would accept baggage that many hours prior to scheduled take off

I would not worry about self-disembarking at 7.30 am and setting off for the airport. What is the worst that can happen if it is too early for check-in? You sit with your luggage for a while and are the first in the queue for check in!!

At that time you should not get a big queue for the taxis at the port. The longer you leave it the longer the queue is going to be. It is a bit like timing driving to work in the rush hour - for every minute later you leave, three minutes is added to the journey.

So if you leave it until 8.30 am, which sort of sounds more sensible for a noon departure from the airport, you will get longer queues and perhaps more traffic generally. I would much rather be bored for an hour at an airport than stressed in a queue for a taxi. JMHO

Thank you.......that is our plan, 7:30. According to Delta their ticket counter is open from 8:00am to 12:30pm. My understanding is that BCN is not a Delta hub and most of the flights are code shared.....although there are earlier flights that day the Delta counter would not be available since they are KLM, etc. They also said you can check in baggage as long as it is not more than 6 hours to your flight. The other advice was that once you check your bags and if you have time to kill you may not want to rush through passport control.......there are many more shopping, duty free, food venues on this side of passport control......not sure if that matters to us.

Edited by martyap