AF Cabin Info

G-Man

We are going to Alaska on the Star in August and was wondering what perks comes with a AF mini-suite...early boarding? special lines? robes? conciege? butler?

Can somebody please help.

G-Man

See my answers within:

We are going to Alaska on the Star in August and was wondering what perks comes with a AF mini-suite...

early boarding? Probably not, unless you are Latitudes member.

special lines? Not sure what you mean here

robes? You bet!

conciege? Yes indeed!

butler? Yes again!

Can somebody please help.

G-Man

Hope this helps! ;) Happy sailing

You do NOT get a butler in an AF. Concierge is available but we did not use that service or meet the person or even know the name until the end of the cruise when the CD was telling us who to tip extra. Only tip conceirge if you use his/her services.

When we boarded the Star in San Pedro in Octboer, they told us to use the line for suites vs the general line (tho I've heard not all embarkation piers allow mini-suite people to use the suite line. I just asked the people working there directing people to the various lines and went with what they said.

G-Man

Fozzyfoz and immargaret are completely correct, and I am an idiot! There is no butler service with an AF.

It's a shame that Fozzyfoz didn't get to meet his concierce and utilize their services. This apparently happens quite a bit in the AF category, as there are so many mini-suites, and only one concierge.

immargaret is correct that the concierge can arrange for VIP tender tickets and VIP disembarkation.

Sorry for the confusion! :o :o :o

It's a shame that Fozzyfoz didn't get to meet his concierce and utilize their services. This apparently happens quite a bit in the AF category, as there are so many mini-suites, and only one concierge.

immargaret is correct that the concierge can arrange for VIP tender tickets and VIP disembarkation.

We found we didnt need the concierge's services - we were able to handle everything ourselves. As "seasoned" cruisers we didnt see the point of adding to the work of the conceirge - I'm sure some people really needed his/her assistance. Tender tickets were a non-issue - I went to the front desk and got our tickets (there was no line) and it was for the first call of tenders. We werent ready to get off the ship so we just took the tender when we were ready. As for disembarkation, we booked a late flight and were one of the last groups off the ship. We had a leisurely breakfast in the dining room, walked around the ship one last taking photos we'd missed and loved not being herded in one of the common areas. Freestyle disembarkation is definately enjoyable.

Hi

We have just returned off the Dawn staying in an AF Mini Suite. We are first time cruisers.

We did not use the concierge. Did not know what the service entailed, so did not contact them! Did not receive any "perks" perhaps these apply to higher standard suite cabin.

We did have bath robes after asking, as i read on the boards that the mini suites have them.

Archived