What alcohol

PoleMan14

I'll be traveling on the Triumph soon, western caribbean, and was wondering what the best alcohol deals were (bottles to bring home). I have read that a lot of the name brand bottles are only a few dollars off with duty free and are not worth the hassle of bringing then back. So what are everyones favorite deals, types, and places to buy? Thanks

I always buy at Tortuga right off the dock in Grand Cayman... great prices. Mainly I will buy vodka, baileys, havana club and crown... just depends on what I see, but those are generally the best bargains for me. Plus I like sitting in there for an hour or so having samples :D:D

I priced alcohol in every port last year and in every shop in went into. The cheapest I found was in Grand Cayman at Big Black Dick's. I wanted a bottle of Appleton Dark Rum, it was $10.00 in Jamaica, $7.00 in Grand Cayman and $9.00 in Cozumel.

They had very good prices on everything else also.

If you are going to the Caymans, Buy some Tortuga Rum and rum cakes at one of their shops. It is the best rum I have ever had in my life and you can't buy it in the states. We usually buy all of our liquor there since we know we will be going there for the rum, and they send it to the ship for you, you do not have to carry it yourself. Liquor is pretty cheap anywhere you buy it, even in the ships store. It is definitely worth it, even if you go over your allowance and have to pay duty. We bought several liters of Absolut vodka at the Tortuga store for $8. The duty is only a buck or two per bottle if you go over your allowance. Still less than half what you would pay for the same at home. Tequilla and kahluha(sp) seem to be cheaper in Mexico, if you're into that sort of thing. Natural Vanilla flavoring is also dirt cheap in Mexico.

Archived