Europe?

travlin

The only time they are in Europe is if they release a new ship from there. You need to look at Carnival Corps other lines such as Princess to sail Europe. Carnival has shift over the years to really become focused on Bahamas and Caribbean.

I would highly recommend MSC. We are platinum Carnival and RCCL cruisers and we enjoyed an MSC European cruise this past year and loved it. MSC also does a status match so you get the equivalent status when you board MSC for the first time. Very nice perk. You cant even status match between CCL lines.

We have already booked another European MSC adventure for 2019.

Bon Voyage

Djp

I like Princess but it does have older passengers but you might that with any European cruise. The ships don't seem as crowded, not as many kids. I don't know about the big ships, Royal or Regal. I have taken 13 princess cruises and have enjoyed everyone of them. NCL, Royal Caribbean, and Holland America all do Europe. NCL and Royal Caribbean may have a younger crowd. I haven't sailed on them in Europe in years.

But in general their buffet especially on their latest class of ship Royal class is far superior to Carnival's so that does not matter to us

I prefer being served, especially when cruising on a premium cruise line. I wouldn't know or brag about buffet food. YMMV.

I do have to say Alfredo's pizza is on par with the pizza served on Carnival. Princess did step up in that department. And Princess does occasionally offer a "complimentary" drink package. There are many pluses to Princess, but there is no denying they have had cutbacks.

As a European who has Gold status with Carnival in my opinion you will not find any cruise line in Europe anything like Carnival. None of the Carnival Corp brands are remotely similar to Carnival in atmosphere, do not have the fun and energy you get on a Carnival ship.

cruising in Europe is very different to the Carribean, it's port intensive with long days ashore. The only cruise line that comes anywhere close to Carnival is NCL. It's informal and does a lot of freestyle dining and all inclusive drinks packages.

someone above suggested MSC and I would strongly disagree with that. The worst Med cruise we've had was with MSC. Terrible food, terrible service, very sedate atmosphere on board but a stunningly beautiful ship.