MTD on Elation

Bittersweet1

My husband and I will be on Elation soon and currently have late dining. Normally we prefer a table for 2 - not because we are opposed to meeting new people, but mainly because we like for our meal to progress at our pace and we like to be able to leave whenever we finish our meal - not wait on the entire table to complete their meal. From past experiences...on another cruise line...MTD at a table for 2 was in very close proximity to others and you could still chat with your "neighbors." Now, my question.....should I switch to MTD and request a table for 2, or if we stay with traditional dining is there a way to request a table for 2 prior to arriving at the dining room? Don't mean to sound snobby, because that is not my intention at all, and I would appreciate answers that are relevant to the Elation as I know each ship is different, although the concept is the same. Thanks!

We got a table to two every night without a problem. Only one night had a wait and it was around 20 minutes or so, still not sure why it was so busy that night. The tables are very close together, you will not be having a private dinner.

We have done YTD on several ships, and we always request a table for 2.

The tables are VERY close to each other, but our experience has been people are respectful and pay attention to their own dining companion, not your conversation, because everyone is in the same boat.

I'd switch to anytime dining. We've done anytime dining on the Elation and had a 2-top table every single time. After you stand in line and arrive at the desk, they will ask for your cabin number to verify you are anytime dining. Tell them your cabin # and say that you'd like a two-person table at that time. They will be glad to accommodate you.

We've done this on all ships since a poor experience with assigned dining. I've even said "Don't put us back there in ***'s section again." I have little patience for slow service or cold food.