Stupid question re transfer

Craigrlewis

stupid question! Im on a scheduled flight from London to Rome for V830 and just noticed this in the voyage personliser

AIRPORT TO PORT TRANSFER

YOU WILL BE MET AT THE AIRPORT AFTER PASSPORT CONTROL, INSIDE THE CUSTOM AREA NEAR THE LUGGAGE BELTS FOR YOUR TRANSFER TO THE CRUISE PORT. YOU WILL BE TRANSFERED BY SHARED VEHICLE FROM AIRPORT TO PORT. YOUR TRANSFER IS VALID ON YOUR DAY OF ARRIVAL, AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE. SHOULD YOU REQUIRE ANY ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR TRANSFER DURING YOUR STAY, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL REPRESENTATIVE ON 0039 340 46 66 212. PLEASE ENSURE YOUR FLIGHT DETAILS ARE COMMUNICATED TO US TO ENSURE YOU ARE MET FOR YOUR TRANSFER

Do i need to call the number to arrange a tranfser or am i just worrying unecessarily -surely Cunard will have passed on the details etc

This is my 12th cruise but only ever done 1 fly cruise & that was a charter flight so sorry for not being aufait with what you do!

If the flight was booked direct with Cunard or with a TA as part of a flight-inclusive cruise, then no need to worry - Cunard will know. But some people like to book their flights independently (though probably not in this case from LHR) and if so, naturally Cunard need to be given the details.

As it happens I'll be on a similar flight a few weeks later.

stupid question! Im on a scheduled flight from London to Rome for V830 and just noticed this in the voyage personliser

AIRPORT TO PORT TRANSFER

YOU WILL BE MET AT THE AIRPORT AFTER PASSPORT CONTROL, INSIDE THE CUSTOM AREA NEAR THE LUGGAGE BELTS FOR YOUR TRANSFER TO THE CRUISE PORT. YOU WILL BE TRANSFERED BY SHARED VEHICLE FROM AIRPORT TO PORT. YOUR TRANSFER IS VALID ON YOUR DAY OF ARRIVAL, AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE. SHOULD YOU REQUIRE ANY ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR TRANSFER DURING YOUR STAY, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL REPRESENTATIVE ON 0039 340 46 66 212. PLEASE ENSURE YOUR FLIGHT DETAILS ARE COMMUNICATED TO US TO ENSURE YOU ARE MET FOR YOUR TRANSFER

Do i need to call the number to arrange a tranfser or am i just worrying unecessarily -surely Cunard will have passed on the details etc

This is my 12th cruise but only ever done 1 fly cruise & that was a charter flight so sorry for not being aufait with what you do!

We are also on this voyage, flying out from LHR on 6th October. I think our flight is a charter flight, can't find it on BA's website. Are you flying BA? Our flight is 7.35 am so an early start for us, but we are staying at Heathrow the night before.

The only time I had a major screw up with Cunard was one where they were meeting my flight at LHR from EDI. The guy who met us had us wait for hours because of some problem with the bus. We finally got on the bus and raced to Southampton. The first stop was the Ocean terminal where Queen Victoria was leaving, and one of my bags was off loaded and went aboard QV, I was sailing on Queen Mary from the QE terminal. All of my toiletries and half of my clothes made a trip to Gibralter. I got the bag back eventually. I have never allowed Cunard to handle this arrangement since.

We are also on this voyage, flying out from LHR on 6th October. I think our flight is a charter flight, can't find it on BA's website. Are you flying BA? Our flight is 7.35 am so an early start for us, but we are staying at Heathrow the night before.

Hi yeagh ours is BA546 at 1045am. We were originally on an earlier charter flight but wanted to upgrade (my dad has a dodgy knee!) so when we upgraded they moved us to 1045.

Arrives 215pm so thinking by the time we get the bags etc then face the famous Rome traffic; get checked in and then wait for our luggage and change for dinner I may be struggling for my regular appointment at 645pm with a martini in the commodore club :D