Formal Night?

bellybutton

Not any more. On some ships formal is optional and all other nights are casual. But they don't turn you away if you are casual without a jacket! However the pricey ships may be different. Ships like the Windjammer- (I think)- have no formal nights. When we statred cruising a 7 night had two formal (as they do now). Two nights were semi-formal which meant a jacket for men and three nights casual. The 11 day new years cuise we just finished was two optional formal nights but a lot of passenges weren't formal even on New Years eve! (NCL Majesty)

Button, I answered this for you on the Carnival board.:)

On cruises of five nights or less, there is ONE formal night, and it's usually the second night on board.

On longer cruises, there are TWO formal nights.

I have been reading that depending on the length of stay there are 1-3 formal nights. I thought every night in the dining room is formal night?

Miracle April 9-16

While you are free to dress formally every night if you wish there are only as you say between one and three depending on cruise length and even then many people do not dress formally. IF you are lucky they at least don't dress really casually but that happens as well. [on formal night I mean]

Archived