Advice on flling out affiidate form please

Derbie

I hope some of you can give me some advice on the filling out the travel affidavit form. I don't want to fill it out incorrectly and end up with trouble. We are taking a car tour with Blexie. We don't have plans for any other activities. Can you tell me how best to fill this out and submit it? Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Derbie

There will usually be a box to tick on your OFAC travel certification (or affidavit - depending on the cruise line) for support for the Cuban people - that's the one that lets you independently arrange what you do ashore.

Just fill the box that the check in agent tells you to fill in.

I would complete all the form X 2 but leave this section blank until instructed by the pier agent.

We saw many, many people having to refill the forms because they had checked the wrong box.

This slowed the whole boarding process down .

I completed and submitted my form online for NCL, do I need to bring a paper copy also? Or- will they provide me a copy of the form I completed online?

Different companies have different policies.

RCI is all paper forms.

NCL much more convininent online forms.

RCI can barly manage a usedable website, god forbid if they added this feature.

No doubt their whole website would collaps.

I would complete all the form X 2 but leave this section blank until instructed by the pier agent.

We saw many, many people having to refill the forms because they had checked the wrong box.

If you really don't care about this part of the process, that's fine as the form will never be reconciled with anything - it's a carrier's requirement to have it available to OFAC on demand.

If you do care, and someone else insists you change your certification, you could always turn the tables by taking their name and telling them you will report them to the authorities for coercion.

Just FYI, we were one of four families traveling together. We had the same exact tours and activities planned in Havana, and everybody checked “Support for the Cuban People” on the form.

On embarkation day, 3 families had no problems checking in, but the agent that checked-in family #4 insisted that they changed their selection to “Full Day Third Party Program”. Don’t know the details of the conversation, but we found it odd that only one agent insisted on the change.

That aside, we had a fantastic time on the cruise, and what we selected on the Travel Certification Form had ZERO influence on what we did ashore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on NCL 2 weeks ago...they never asked/questioned the forms..I filled them out on line printed them just in case and nothing was said. I checked support for the Cuban people.

Actually the only time I heard anyone say support for the Cuban people was on the streets in Havana when I told a Cuban I wasnt interested in following him 2 streets around the corner up to the top floor of the brown building for cigars!!!

Have a great time...Havana is a must see stand on a street and just watch city.

I completed and submitted my form online for NCL, do I need to bring a paper copy also? Or- will they provide me a copy of the form I completed online?

We checked full day 3rd party tour. That is the response RC wants to see on the form. I also printed 2 copies, leaving the reason blank on the 2nd copy in case of questions when checking in.

In our case, an RC agent made one of the 4 families in our group change their response from Support for the Cuban People to Third Party Tour, but I don’t think that was the right thing.

We had booked a short 3 hour tour in addition to a longer list of things that we had planned for the day. If we had only done a full day tour that fully complied with the time requirements, I would’ve agreed with the change, but because we had a short tour in addition to other things planned on our own, I believe that Support for the Cuban People was the more accurate answer . But we didn’t question the agent and just made the change. The other 3 families were not asked by the other RC agents that checked them in to change their selection even though we all had the same exact plans.

I have a feeling that even the cruise line personnel doesn’t fully understand the requirements of each selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Tapi

• 2 weeks later...

Just boarded Majesty of the Seas. Pier staff were insistent that I check.P2P not SFTCP

I pushed a.little, they were a bit jerky so I whipped.out my other.set, turned them in and proceeded to check in and board.

The 2 reps said you MUST have an actual license for SFTCP...I.said no, wrong and that they can't force me to falsify my form. They do not get it but.are likely following Royal's rules.

So, it is what it is. I'm onboard and ready to go

That's what I'm going to do..

That's what I'm going to do..

I had both versions with me, filled out. The pier was not busy when I arrived and actually I didn't stop moving until I got on the ship.

The pier agents are wrong to tell travelers how to fill out the form. I had the rules with me but honestly, I just wanted to get onto the ship. Face it, the US Government is probably not going to check, Cuba's government wants the money from tourism so fill it out, get on the ship and have fun. NO ONE cares what you do when you get there. I am keeping my tour receipts and the OFAC forms but that's about it.

Have a great time! I can't wait to go back!