Walk off time and flight times

scameron7

Hi, we are travelling on the Seaside in November and flying out of Fort Lauderdale. Our flight is at noon. We are planning to do self serve walk off and wondering for those who have cruised on the seaside and walked off, what time you got off the ship? Just want to make sure we are leaving ourselves enough time to get off the ship, and travel to Fort Lauderdale (shuttle) to make our flight at noon. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, we are travelling on the Seaside in November and flying out of Fort Lauderdale. Our flight is at noon. We are planning to do self serve walk off and wondering for those who have cruised on the seaside and walked off, what time you got off the ship? Just want to make sure we are leaving ourselves enough time to get off the ship, and travel to Fort Lauderdale (shuttle) to make our flight at noon. Thanks

We have been outside by 7-715.

My rule is to never fly before noon and now i find myself eyeing 11:45 out of FLL.

What would be my quickest and most reliable transportation alternative from Port of Miami to FLL Airport? Still relative to cost?

Thanks.

Edited by DMH15

I'm interested in a Southwest flight, FLL 11:10am, we will be booking our own shuttle or UBER, doing walk off, we do have a black status match if that makes a difference, anyone here to speculate if this is do-able? There is another 2:15 flight, just puts us in at a later time. Thanks

I'm interested in a Southwest flight, FLL 11:10am, we will be booking our own shuttle or UBER, doing walk off, we do have a black status match if that makes a difference, anyone here to speculate if this is do-able? There is another 2:15 flight, just puts us in at a later time. Thanks

It depends on your risk tolerance. You would have to self debark and hope that customs is not backed up (we encountered that there were only 2 lines open when we were in MIA very early) and get through and out quickly. You would then want to Uber to FLL. I think it is doable if the ship starts letting folks off early, but you never really know. The 2:15 is obviously safer but leaves a lot of hang time as MSC does "kick" you off the ship much earlier than other lines that will allow you to hang out until 9:30 or 10:00 (in public spaces).

When we sailed on the Divina, we did self assist debarkation and used Uber to get to FLL. We were off the ship and standing at the curve before 7am. We requested our Uber which showed up in less than 60 seconds. I asked our driver how he got there so quickly and he told me that he, along with many other Uber drivers, just hang out in the port of Miami on debarkation days because they’ll get a customer within minutes.

As we were driving to FLL, I realized that we’d be there by 730am so I got on my phone and placed our names on the standby list for an 8:30am flight and checked us in. We had no bags to check so we proceeded straight to the gate. That early in the morning there were zero lines at the security checkpoint so we were at our gate before they even started boarding. We were back in Atlanta by 10:30am.

Being ready to debark as soon as self assist debarkation begins, having the Uber / Lyft app and the airline app downloaded to your phone, as well as having the ability to get mobile boarding passes sent straight to your phone, can make a huge difference in your ability to get to FLL and through security as quickly and efficiently as possible. Having all of that ready to go allowed us to get home before debarkation was even over!