ALLURE // LIVE REVIEW / Sept. 2-9 Sail Away With Meee?

Seeing all this good food and drink is making me more excited for our cruise on Allure in 10 days. I am going to have to be fasting until then so I won't feel too guilty about indulging! Thanks for posting.

Enjoying your review. Following

Thanks so much for following along! :)

Seeing all this good food and drink is making me more excited for our cruise on Allure in 10 days. I am going to have to be fasting until then so I won't feel too guilty about indulging! Thanks for posting.

Woot, get pumped, get stoked, go craaaaazy! 10 days is basically tomorrow. My rule for cruising is simple: Do what ya want, when ya want, without worrying what others want. *shrugs* Live yo best lief!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoying following along, looking forward to hopefully more dining room menu's. I am still on the fence about the dining packages and the specialty dining. I really want to do Giovannis, 150 Central Park, Samba?, and Chops. We debated on the ultimate dining package, but seeing some of the dining room menu's they don't look all that bad to me. I am almost thinking of doing the 4 night package and do the buffet or dining room the other nights. Such decisions.

Love seeing other young people on here! My fiance and I are 22 and 24, and have done multiple cruises together...did a full write up of ours last year on Liberty! We will be on Allure on the 16th and you know I will be gathering all the info to do a review! Not doing live though, because we love putting our phones on airplane mode and cutting off from the world for a week!

Enjoying your review so far and enjoy the rest of your trip!

PS - Coming from a flowrider addict lol... I do the advanced Stand up early every morning. On Allure since their are two waves, they have boogie going early in the morning as well... lines are shorter... just don't share my secret! haha

Enjoying following along, looking forward to hopefully more dining room menu's. I am still on the fence about the dining packages and the specialty dining. I really want to do Giovannis, 150 Central Park, Samba?, and Chops. We debated on the ultimate dining package, but seeing some of the dining room menu's they don't look all that bad to me. I am almost thinking of doing the 4 night package and do the buffet or dining room the other nights. Such decisions.

Woot, thanks for following along! Unfortunately, no more dining room menus cause it’s all specialty restaurants for us until the end of the cruise! D: I’m pretty sure others have posted it though, so they should be somewhere! I would definitely recommend the dining package. I’m not a super picky eater, but the food in the MDR is just very “meh”. It’s definitely doable if it’s the only option, but I really do think the specialty restaurants provide not just better food, but also a better experience. Those are just my 0.2 cents though! I hope you have a wonderful cruise! :)

Love seeing other young people on here! My fiance and I are 22 and 24, and have done multiple cruises together...did a full write up of ours last year on Liberty! We will be on Allure on the 16th and you know I will be gathering all the info to do a review! Not doing live though, because we love putting our phones on airplane mode and cutting off from the world for a week!

Enjoying your review so far and enjoy the rest of your trip!

PS - Coming from a flowrider addict lol... I do the advanced Stand up early every morning. On Allure since their are two waves, they have boogie going early in the morning as well... lines are shorter... just don't share my secret! haha

Woot, woot, go young people! I’d never been on a cruise until last year and now I’m booking them like crazy! They’re absolutely amazing. Thanks so much for following along, and for the tips! I don’t think I’ll get to try the flowrider though, cause I had brain surgery a couple years ago and the wipeouts look pretty gnarly. The irresponsible adult inside of me says “DO IT ANYWAYS!,” the slightly mature adult inside of me says “hmmm, maybe not.” Haha. I hope you have a great time on the Allure! I loveeee her.

So, I wanna share an onboard jewelry shop experience (specifically, the shop “Regalia” on the promenade).

Josh and I have been looking into upgrading my engagement ring. We went into Regalia and I tried on a few rings - I fell in love with one. As an informed buyer, I like to know the details about what I’m buying... who doesn’t? I asked how many carats are in the ring (it was a tiered ring, one main diamond and a halo around it). I wanted to know how many carats the center cut diamond was, as well as the overall total carats of diamonds in the ring. The attendant went away for a while to “find out,” and came back and said, “unfortunately, we do now know the carats of the diamonds...”. And I’m like “.....?”. How does a store *not know* pertinent information on product they are trying to sell, namely product that costs thousands of dollars? I asked them “how can you appropriately price the product if you don’t know what it contains?”. The attendant did not have an answer. ...and that’s when we left! Because that’s sketchy as poop.

Anyways, rant over. Just frustrated because the whole situation seems to silly to me. I’ve never had a jewelry store not know the details on the jewelry they’re selling. *shrugs*

Thanks for your take on the All Access Tour; it’s something I’ve always wanted to do. I don’t know if Princess still does this (our last Princess cruise was in 2010), but at that time (2010), I read on here that you needed an extra suitcase for all the swag you received on their all access tour! It was more expensive, $150 per person, so we didn’t do it. On our 2016 Anthem cruise, we did a “charity” tour, where all the money went to... I don’t even remember the charity, but we got a tour of all the galleys (there are multiple ones on Anthem) and a special lunch in Grande (the formal restaurant when dynamic dining was in force). It was a nice lunch, but I’d prefer a lanyard. What was the “rope” you received?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, All!

I am the "Josh" my wife has been speaking of. I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures! Much drinks, food, memories, and fun have been had.

Going to drop some more info about the all access tour. 100% was not worth the money. The only interesting part of the tour was the bridge, which I have to say, easily one of the most breathtaking views I have ever seen. The chef who showed us around the kitchens knew what he was talking about, but was very hard to hear, and very hard to understand, even with the little black headphone thing they give you. There was supposed to be someone who met us in the laundry area, but they were late, so we ended up just walking around on the "only deck below the water."

St Marteen was sad, very sad. I had been before, about 8 years ago, and it doesn't look the same in the slightest. Best way to describe it was what New Orleans looked like after Katrina/in some spots, still today. Homes without roofs, buildings still closed, and lots of individuals relocated. Our main man "Cowboy" (tour guide) said that it will probably take up to 5 years for everything to go back to the way it was. Other than that, the island is still beautiful, and people are moving on, and seem to have a great mind set.

Also, one thing to add, there is a kick-butt jeweler in St Marteen, in downtown Philipsburg. The shop is called "Royal Jewelers." The owner is amazing (gave the pops and me free Presidentes) and will beat any price you can find. My dad, "FIL" has used him for years, along with his wife, who has bought things from him that were doubled if not tripled when appraised. So, if you are lookin to get "iced out" stop there if you can.

Puerto Rico, holy cow. Old San Juan is beautifull, even after Irma and Maria. Can't say much for anything outside of OSJ, but regardless, had a lot of fun. My dad had just been down there for work, and he said the rest of the island was still in bad shape, but you wouldn't have known that from the port. 11/10 woud visit again.

Next stop is Haiti, and we are cruising at a mere 20 knots to get there. Boat is a bit rocky tonight, but other than that, we ridin them waves!

That's it for me, I hope you enjoy the rest of the review! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Edited by Jhargrove95
Fixed spelling

Hi, All!

I am the "Josh" my wife has been speaking of. I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures! Much drinks, food, memories, and fun have been had.

Going to drop some more info about the all access tour. 100% was not worth the money. The only interesting part of the tour was the bridge, which I have to say, easily one of the most breathtaking views I have ever seen. The chef who showed us around the kitchens knew what he was talking about, but was very hard to hear, and very hard to understand, even with the little black headphone thing they give you. There was supposed to be someone who met us in the laundry area, but they were late, so we ended up just walking around on the "only deck below the water."

St Marteen was sad, very sad. I had been before, about 8 years ago, and it doesn't look the same in the slightest. Best way to describe it was what New Orleans looked like after Katrina/in some spots, still today. Homes without roofs, buildings still closed, and lots of individuals relocated. Our main man "Cowboy" (tour guide) said that it will probably take up to 5 years for everything to go back to the way it was. Other than that, the island is still beautiful, and people are moving on, and seem to have a great mind set.

Also, one thing to add, there is a kick-butt jeweler in St Marteen, in downtown Philipsburg. The shop is called "Royal Jewelers." The owner is amazing (gave the pops and me free Presidentes) and will beat any price you can find. My dad, "FIL" has used him for years, along with his wife, who has bought things from him that were doubled if not tripled when appraised. So, if you are lookin to get "iced out" stop there if you can.

Puerto Rico, holy cow. Old San Juan is beautifull, even after Irma and Maria. Can't say much for anything outside of OSJ, but regardless, had a lot of fun. My dad had just been down there for work, and he said the rest of the island was still in bad shape, but you wouldn't have known that from the port. 11/10 woud visit again.

Next stop is Haiti, and we are cruising at a mere 20 knots to get there. Boat is a bit rocky tonight, but other than that, we ridin them waves!

That's it for me, I hope you enjoy the rest of the review! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Hello, husband! When you get bae to join CC. [emoji7]

Thanks for your take on the All Access Tour; it’s something I’ve always wanted to do. I don’t know if Princess still does this (our last Princess cruise was in 2010), but at that time (2010), I read on here that you needed an extra suitcase for all the swag you received on their all access tour! It was more expensive, $150 per person, so we didn’t do it. On our 2016 Anthem cruise, we did a “charity” tour, where all the money went to... I don’t even remember the charity, but we got a tour of all the galleys (there are multiple ones on Anthem) and a special lunch in Grande (the formal restaurant when dynamic dining was in force). It was a nice lunch, but I’d prefer a lanyard. What was the “rope” you received?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hola! Thanks for reading! We haven’t tried out Princess yet, but we’ve heard fantastic things, especially regarding their all access tour. I wish Royal’s were similar. The “rope” is literally a... piece of rope. Not even joking. Here are the “gifts” we received on the tour:

979ab558a05c18c87fbd79ed54ec8cdd.jpg

6518a32266563108a729403258c4ecfd.jpg

98109051d5e573abb5486b061eb4b151.jpg

The “All Access” thing above contains this (below): a ROPE!

53477390e167f4ea768b1b547c2c3df0.jpg

a7d6370abec4b5cf617c57884bb641ab.jpg

b05fa6ce3f53ed742758eaaa80a9cef1.jpg

Yep, that’s all you get:

1. Lanyard

2. Luggage tag (is on the end of lanyard in pic #1)

3. Piece of rope

4. “Fun facts” sheet

Such exciting. Much awesome. #sarcasm

ROTFLOL @ the rope! WTW!!??!?!

Thx for the AAT review. We had that on the list to book. We have some OBC to use. Looks like more spa time, drinks and Sabor. I'm a few points from diamond so it can wait until its FREE!

Loving your review. 38 days until I board.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

One question, I think you have the deluxe drink pkg. I'm too lazy to go back and check. LOL! Were you able to go to JR and order just the milkshake for free?

Yes she did it several times with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

ROTFLOL @ the rope! WTW!!??!?!

Thx for the AAT review. We had that on the list to book. We have some OBC to use. Looks like more spa time, drinks and Sabor. I'm a few points from diamond so it can wait until its FREE!

Loving your review. 38 days until I board.

SABORRRRR! EEEEE. Love Sabor. Would definitely do the Sabor over the tour. Good choice! Thanks for following along! :D

One question, I think you have the deluxe drink pkg. I'm too lazy to go back and check. LOL! Were you able to go to JR and order just the milkshake for free?

I’m lazy too. No worries. We do, and you can! :)

Yes she did it several times with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Thanks for answering for me!! :)

Your piece of rope looks like one of my shoelaces.

Lmk if one of your shoe laces breaks. I got you.

If you wanted rope you should have taken your steak knife from Chops, gone down the Schooner Bar on deck 6 and cut some from the post. You might have gotten more all access, to the brig tour. ;)

REBEL ALERT, REBEL ALERT. Houston, we gotta big one over here. :O

We were on the Allure 2016 , it's great to come along again with you! Thanks to you & DH for the reviews. It helped with the waiting for our cruise to be able to tag along with you & your family on your cruise. I'm on the Harmony next month with the WORLD FAMOUS KING OF THE LIVE REVIEWS....Andrew!:D:cool:

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Stacie:D