London Millenium Mayfair

We have booked the August 10 BI Cruise on the Golden Princess and are planning a 3 night pre-cruise stay in London. As it is, I have reserved with Princess and the hotel proposed is the London Millenium Mayfair.

Has anyone any comments on this hotel? Location, how far is it from a tube station and major city attractions? Is it in an interesting area? Restaurants nearby?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

MC

We have booked the August 10 BI Cruise on the Golden Princess and are planning a 3 night pre-cruise stay in London. As it is, I have reserved with Princess and the hotel proposed is the London Millenium Mayfair.

Has anyone any comments on this hotel? Location, how far is it from a tube station and major city attractions? Is it in an interesting area? Restaurants nearby?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

MC

I am sure some of our British friends will reply,but I will start anyway..it gets mixed reviews,but then what hotel doesn't these days.It is in a nice area,and you will be able to walk to some sights as well as get the Hop/on bus if you choose to at Hyde Park where it starts.I know there are several tube stations in the area so that should not be a problem either,and you can walk to Oxford Street,and Regents Street if you are in the mood for shopping.I generally stay in the Westminster area,but have walked by here a few times. I think you will be just fine and if you have not been to London before...ENJOY.

• 4 weeks later...

If you check it out on hotels.com, it's a 4-5 star hotel, supposedly very nice. I also found that you can reserve and book your room directly for about 1/2 of what hotels.com has listed. I'm considering flying in several days early for our Sea Princess cruise and since Princess charges the hotel per person, it doesn't make sense to stay several nights at those rates. If you stay one night pre-cruise and get the transfers, it's probably equal to booking it on your own and arranging transfers. Perhaps someone else has more info but that's what I've come up with some initial research.

Hi Pam:

I went to look on Hotels.ca and got the Millenium for 328 C$. Direct on the hotel website, the cheapest room is 380 C$ (188 pounds). That's 1100$, just for the hotel. I got the Princess 3 night package that includes all transfers for 1400 C$ for 2 (or 700 pp). I think the transfers to Southampton from Victoria station are 99$ pp - that takes me to 1300$, and I have to add a cab from the airport to the hotel, which is probably going to be close to 100 C$... So all in all it appears to be very close...

The other option would be to book a cheaper hotel and arrange all transfers. That could probably be a better option. Is that what you're planning to do??

Archived