Semi-Live Review: Anthem 5 Night to Bermuda (9/1/2018)

alane10

Hi All! We are on Anthem and I am reviewing as we go!

https://familytimeadventure.com/cruise-reviews/anthem-5-night-to-bermuda-9-1-2018/

If there is anything you’d like to see, let me know. I’m planning to post daily cruise compass and menus once I am on a real PC (instead of my iPhone).

Speaking of iPhone...apologizes for the spelling and grammar :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Menus for sure that would be great and do they have a particular tribute band playing Thanks and one last thing. I am a beer drinker do you see any specials? Cooler bags or bucket specials?

I double checked the cruise compasses and don’t see any tributes bands. I think we’ve only seen them on the longer Anthem cruises. We will take a walk to Music Hall later just to double check. Also, no signs up for beer specials at the pool bars, which is where I usually see them. I will post menus once I can get to a real PC at the end of the week!

Having second thoughts about booking Anthem after reading the Navigator thread on hard mattresses and those that are taking bed toppers to try and overcome the reportedly hard mattresses. I would be interested in your opinion of how you are finding the comfort of the beds on Anthem.

Having second thoughts about booking Anthem after reading the Navigator thread on hard mattresses and those that are taking bed toppers to try and overcome the reportedly hard mattresses. I would be interested in your opinion of how you are finding the comfort of the beds on Anthem.

I asked my husband his opinion too. I haven’t really noticed the mattress either way and neither has he...which is probably a good thing. Grandeur seemed ok a couple months ago too. For awhile, the mattresses on Grandeur seems to have a slight lean to them, but haven’t noticed that in a few cruises.

Great review so far! What type of cabin did you stay in?

We are in a grand suite, so we are fortunate to have access to Coastal Kitchen. I have some pics of the room that I need to go through on my pc at home and get posted.

Menus for sure that would be great and do they have a particular tribute band playing Thanks and one last thing. I am a beer drinker do you see any specials? Cooler bags or bucket specials?

I posted the menus yesterday. It took awhile for it to show up (likely cached page). There should be a link to menus at the top of the page now. I’ll work on getting cruise compasses posted today.

On Anthem's Aug. 23rd it was the "Royal Swedes" in the Music Hall. Disappointed in the menu as only the 1st 2 items in each category (app, entree & dessert) changed each night. Far cry from our January cruise. Really boring menu IMHO.

On Anthem's Aug. 23rd it was the "Royal Swedes" in the Music Hall. Disappointed in the menu as only the 1st 2 items in each category (app, entree & dessert) changed each night. Far cry from our January cruise. Really boring menu IMHO.

It was still Royal Swedes on this cruise but they weren’t listed as a tribute band in the cruise compass.