Arecibo Telescope

hexdragon

I think it would be cool to see, however my friends are thinks so/so... I hear they have a part-time visitor center... Is it worth bothering with? Is it easy to get too????

Are you visiting on a cruise stop? If so, how long are you going to be in port? The radio telescope is a good 1:30 drive from the port area with normal traffic. It is fairly easy to get there as there are actually two roads that lead to it. You would take the PR-22 expressway to the turn off to road PR-10. You will see a sign on the right pointing to the road that takes you to the site. You should allot around 5 hours to this trip to be on the safe side.

If you're not on a cruise you have all the time in the world and while you're around the area, you should visit Cueva Ventana (Window Cave). Google it, it's awesome and it's just a few minutes away from the country road to the telescope, just up the road on PR-10.

Been there (on land vacations), and it’s definitely cool to see, but you’ll spend the vast majority of your time just getting there and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums