Considering a 5day on NCL Jade

Megs867

Previously I have always cruised with Royal. Would you say that Norwegian is similar to Royal? And what's everybody's opinion on Harvest Caye? Is it too crowded with things to do or for those have been on Royal would you say it's similar to Labadie where there's the crowded area but then there are still a little secluded area?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Previously I have always cruised with Royal. Would you say that Norwegian is similar to Royal? And what's everybody's opinion on Harvest Caye? Is it too crowded with things to do or for those have been on Royal would you say it's similar to Labadie where there's the crowded area but then there are still a little secluded area?

You can’t really compare an older ship of Norwegian Cruise line with the newest of Royal Caribbean. I think most of the cruise lines tend to use their older ships for the shorter cruises. That being said my sister and I really enjoyed our cruise on Norwegian jade in 2016. I like a ship that’s a little bit smaller because I’m mobility impaired and it’s almost impossible for me to walk the length of the newest huge Royal Caribbean ships. The one down point you mentioned is the port. I’ve been on 37 cruises and my least favorite port was Harvest Caye. There was a bad smell coming from the water on the beach and although the island is owned by Norwegian Cruise line they do not provide any food or drinks on the Island. The native population supplies the food and drink concessions and the tours. The drinks are expensive and very weak. The tours offered on harvest Caye all seem to involve a 45 minute trip either way so most of your day ends up being spent in a bus or van! My next cruise stops at four different ports one of which is harvest Caye but I will probably not even get off the ship at that port. There are certainly some people who really enjoy harvest Caye but I’ve heard quite a few more say they did not!