Msc bellissima vs msc meraviglia

cruisefanatic16

• 4 months later...
43 minutes ago, Magnelasagne said:

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/blog/six-things-you-need-to-know-about-msc-bellissima

according to this page there will be an increase inn passenger capacity? Until I read that last night I thought they were the same. 

The story is from 2017 and most probably based on not confirmed information.  Meraviglia and Bellissima are sister ships and similar in construction and design. Bellissima has receiving some changes but an increase of 1,200 passengers is very unlikely, just by comparing the deck plans of Meraviglia and Bellissima on MSC USA website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fostelo said:

Not sure if this has been noticed before but at the front of Bellissima the windows for the yacht club lounge look bigger than Meraviglia 🤔🤔

Well spotted, Martin.  Now I'm going to have to check that one out!  🙄  It's going to have to wait, though, 'til it has a more interesting itinerary.

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

It's going to have to wait, though, 'til it has a more interesting itinerary.

Bea, I am booked on Bellissina in April for the “traditional” 7-night Western Med loop and in November (11/11/2019) for the 19-night Grand Voyage Re-po from Barcelona to Dubai. We never sailed through the Suez Canal and never been in Dubai, we are expecting quite a few new impressions.

10 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Bea, I am booked on Bellissina in April for the “traditional” 7-night Western Med loop and in November (11/11/2019) for the 19-night Grand Voyage Re-po from Barcelona to Dubai. We never sailed through the Suez Canal and never been in Dubai, we are expecting quite a few new impressions.

We've done that loop so many times I get dizzy each time I do it, now!  We're doing the West Med on Seaview in August, but it's a little different to the regular ones we've done (though I think we've visited all the ports at one time or another).  Hope you have as good a time onboard as we did on Meraviglia on her first run from Barcelona.

I may have considered that repo had it not been for the fact that we're doing Meraviglia's 23 nights from New York to Miami.

We did the Suez on Sinfonia;  we had a fantastic view out on deck at the front on deck 12.  Some of the soldiers on guard duty along the route would even wave to us.

Edited by Beamafar

2 hours ago, Fostelo said:

Not sure if this has been noticed before but at the front of Bellissima the windows for the yacht club lounge look bigger than Meraviglia 🤔🤔

BCA06015-45A5-4F77-9B6A-DFEF176D4344.jpeg

4B35B0CC-0175-44BF-B418-15C16ACC58A1.jpeg

Hello Fostelo!

I have completely enjoyed all of your shipyard photos of MSC ships under construction and am happy to provide some info for a change!

The big change on Bellissima versus Meraviglia is that they have "opened up" the Yacht Club restaurant to the Top Sail Lounge as they did on Seaside and Seaview.

Apparently, the Aponte family (Mr. or Mrs?) liked the set-up of the Seaside Class YC's so much that they changed the design of all Meravigilia Class ships from Belllissima onwards.

There is now a staircase joining the two decks within the YC under the glass canopy.

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 2

Hey bea 😊. You have knowledge of meraviglia, when I was looking at pics of Bellissima I noticed there are glass railings around the top of the bridge but can’t see this on Meraviglia🤔. Could these be yacht club balconies 🤔🤔

63DC0169-F831-444F-8D9B-B1CF570DDD43.jpeg

F14A18B5-920F-4B70-A561-8509750C4D63.jpeg

D7A79CC7-99B6-4D1C-B2AD-C420150C06FB.jpeg

B89A6D27-C4C1-4C82-863E-7426A286E3C7.jpeg

It sure looks like balconies for cabins on deck 15.  I wouldn't fancy one, mind.  We had a forward-facing in YC on Splendida, with the hull coming up higher than those glass railings - never again!

I'd say they'd be unusable while at sea (if, indeed, that's what they are).  I used to sit out on the front deck of deck 12 on Sinfonia;  even with good weather it used to be too windy to use once the ship left port.  Mind you, the deck was the width of the ship;  maybe it wouldn't be so bad with the dividers between the different cabins.  People who've had the Royal Suites on Fantasia-class have often complained, too, that the balcony can't be used while at sea.

Thanks for the great pics and info about the connecting stairs btwn the lounge and restaurant. I booked 15013 right beside the royal suite, does anyone think the captains bridge on 14 would be obstructing the view from the balcony? I actually booked it months ago for my parents and hope it's a good view.