Cove Balcony

abby1257

Just returned Saturday from cove balcony 2285 on Magic. Best balcony cabin we have had and I am including a spa balcony on Sunshine. It was very nice but we prefer the privacy of the cove and the closeness to the sea. Do pay attention to what is above you. We were essentially under guest services and it was quiet.

We would not chose it again. We did not like the hull noise from the waves, nor did we like having a life boat above blocking our view of the night sky. We did enjoy being closer to the water.

All in all, we prefer Aft Deck 7 or so for location to Alchemy, Lido etc.

Debating about booking cove balcony....experiences?
We've done 2 cove balconies on the Dream. 1st was under guest services. We were close to the front of the ship and found it's location fantastic for going up one flight of stairs to the theater and atrium activities. Also easy getting off in ports of call, and great for watching pier runners. Oh, and coming back across the Gulf of Mexico, the seas were a bit rough. As the ship broke through the waves we would get a spectacular spray out in front of our balcony. The second time we were under the galley near the middle elevator. It was convenient to get to dinner using the rear stairs. But at night I would hear what sounded like distant thunder on occasion. Yes, galley noises. Not enough to keep me from falling asleep, but noticable. Both were great size balconies and very private and shady.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app