My take on Aqua Class

Zenica

I just received a call from Celebrity. We had a delightful conversation about the pending refit, the Edge and of course, our recent Summit experience. We ended the call on a positive note and I feel much better going forward with regard to how their customer service handles such issues. There was a delay in their response but I accept responsibility for that in that I mistakenly believed their FB page would be an effective means of communicating with them. I have so little free time that I prefer email, web chat and PM's over phone calls. I can multitask with a keyboard in a way I can't when on the phone, if I try thinking in C++ but speaking in English, the result is jibbering code!

I won't elaborate with the remedy they provided, suffice it to say it exceeded my expectations and solidifies my loyalty to the line.

Don't want to know what your compensation was, but did they offer explanation at all how it could have deteriorated to that gross level without any intervening repairs?

WOW ...photo 6 of the shower...this should not be acceptable in any class cabin!

Celebrity seems to be so focused on the Edge that they have lost reality with the current ships and customers.

I'm tired of all the Edge marketing.... obviously the existing ships need some attention as well.

Don't want to know what your compensation was, but did they offer explanation at all how it could have deteriorated to that gross level without any intervening repairs?

They did not. They did say that a message was set to the ship to see what can be done before the refit.

The only clear explanation is neglect. Whether the stewards notified management and a decision was made to wait or the stewards didn't say anything for fear of any potential backlash neither changes the only explanation that fits. Neglect.

It did not happen over night and could have been remediated a long time ago. Interestingly, others that have had Aqua class cabins did not have staterooms in that condition so it isn't a systemic issue. That probably contributed to the lack of material action taken to address it.