Food on Thomas Cook short haul flights

annieuk

We are shortly going on a Thomas Cook flight from Gatwick to Malts to join Oceana. We have opted not to pay for the airline main meal - it would be a late lunch as we take off at 13.40. Do they sell any sort of snacks on the aircraft, other than nuts and crisps? We obviously won't starve but we won't get to the ship until nearly 7pm so it would be good to have something. Is it feasible to take a sandwich with us? I'm not sure of the airline rules these days. I assume we can buy coffee, tea on the aircraft. Any advice would be welcome.

Hi Annie

You probably saw my comment about the main meal on our return flight from Malta on a different thread. It really wasn't good. I'd never buy one again. I know often the bog-standard airline meals aren't usually great but I accept them for what they are - something to fill a corner. But this was pretty dire.

Anyway to answer your question I don't think there was anything like a sandwich available to buy inflight. I think this is more or less what I remember.

https://thomascook.alphalsgretail.com/product-category/cafe-cloud/

There were a couple of food outlets at Malta Airport if you wanted to get something there. Not sure what the restrictions are re taking food off the ship.

Hope that helps.

Sorry in my previous post, I was thinking about your return journey not outbound. Yes, I'd get a sandwich at Gatwick to take on board with you. Although we didn't on this flight we did on a subsequent flight recently - I'd made them at home. I don't think taking your own snacks on board is an issue with airlines. You can buy hot drinks on the plane - we did in both directions.

We are shortly going on a Thomas Cook flight from Gatwick to Malts to join Oceana. We have opted not to pay for the airline main meal - it would be a late lunch as we take off at 13.40. Do they sell any sort of snacks on the aircraft, other than nuts and crisps? We obviously won't starve but we won't get to the ship until nearly 7pm so it would be good to have something. Is it feasible to take a sandwich with us? I'm not sure of the airline rules these days. I assume we can buy coffee, tea on the aircraft. Any advice would be welcome.

If you go on the Airlines website you can view the offerings - there were toasted sandwiches and chips I seem to remember

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all. Yes, as we're staying overnight at Gatwick we'll buy a sandwich before we board and buy a tea or coffee on board. The only airline meal I can remember with any pleasure was years ago when we flew the now defunct Austrian Airlines from London to Vienna, only economy but we had real china plates, proper knives and forks and the food was delicious. The fact that I can remember it from all that time ago shows how good it was.