New year cruise

miss travel

Are you on fixed or freedom dining? We were on Oceana last new year on freedom and this was effectively suspended on New Year's Eve, we were offered a choice of 5.30 pm or 8.00 pm. We shared a table with friends and linked the booking with P & O but I guess otherwise you'd be allocated a shared table as per normal freedom dining. Sorry I can't help with fixed but would assume you'd have your usual table at a slightly earlier time.

Either way have a great cruise.

We’ve done a number of Caribbean Xmas & new year cruises and they’ve all suspended freedom dining on Xmas day and New Year’s Eve. Only two sittings offered and the times have ranged between 6 - 6.45 for 1st and 7.45 - 8.30 for 2nd sitting. One cruise they also moved the times when we were on board by half an hour later, which was a pain as it made our selected 2nd sitting much later than we like to eat.

It’s been handled differently regarding requests for which sitting and table size. Once we had to que for 3 hours on board, but due to the number of angry passengers and complaints, the following year they sent an email prior to the cruise asking us to chose and email them back. This doesn’t guarantee that you get what you requested, but they’ve also had a place and time to go to on board to try to change, usually a meeting with head waiter / Maitre’d in one of the dining rooms.

I don’t know if this differs between Select vs Saver vs Early Saver.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going on 5day new year cruise. On New Year's Eve is evening dining all one fixed time. If this so how do they allocate tables.

Kerry

Priority goes to select bookings and also based on the date you booked your cruise.

Our last NYE and NYD on Ventura we went to Epicurean restaurant.

Priority goes to select bookings and also based on the date you booked your cruise.

Our last NYE and NYD on Ventura we went to Epicurean restaurant.

We were going to do this also - did you book in advance or once onboard?

Did you find the atmosphere/service better/worse than MDR?

Some have said it’s better in MDR for NYE

We were going to do this also - did you book in advance or once onboard?

Did you find the atmosphere/service better/worse than MDR?

Some have said it’s better in MDR for NYE

The first NYE we did in MDR and NYD in Epicurean which we booked on line.

It was a good atmosphere in MDR.

The second time NYE in Epicurean was not available so we booked NYD but kept checking and a couple of weeks later it became available so I booked NYE in Epicurean.

My seven and a half % loyalty discount was deducted off the bill online.

Epicurean was more expensive NYE but we had a great meal but not a lot of atmosphere in there.

We left about 10pm and joined in the ships new year celebrations.