Back of the ship?

~Elvira~

You can get a lot of oipinions on that. My wife and I prefer the aft, but we get a balcony cabin and that is the main attraction since they are larger than balconies on the same category cabins on the side.

Some people do not like that you have further to walk, but it doesn't bother us. There is one advantage to being "off the beaten path". On one of our cruises, we heard complaints of children running through the halls. Since we were out of the way, they never came that far back so it stayed quiet.

Other people will say that the far forward and far aft of the ship have more motion. I supose that's true but, again, it's never bothered us.

Those are the only two things that I can think of that people would object to other than maybe saying that mid-ship cabins are more convenient. But if you don't mind a little extra walking (built in exercise that should be worth at least one dessert a day) and are not prone to motion sickness, then there is no reason not to go for it. But don't be thrown off on the motion. I truly don't think it's any worse that other areas of the ship.

One more thing I have heard. People say there is more noise. Again, we haven't heard it and stay on the aft by choice.

Archived