RCI Allure of the Sea vegetarian

Patriot55

Hello!

Are specialty restaurants worth it if you are vegetarian? Many options have mushrooms, which i do not eat. Will they offer something else? Is there an indian menu in the MDR? Any replies would be very much appreciated!

I’ve eaten at the specialty restaurants on Oasis (Giovanni’s) and Anthem (Jamie’s), and have had plenty to eat. I didn’t bother with Chops due to the nature of that restaurant, but I do believe that they have something to offer for vegetarians. Honestly, I didn’t see the point of going there (for me).

In the MDR (on Anthem only), I let the waiter know that I am vegetarian on the first day, and usually ask for the Indian dinner menu. It was quite delicious and filling.

Yes, there are many vegetarian options. Indian options are plentiful and very tasty. I had some of my best meals on board choosing the Indian options and asking my server about that cuisine's options. If you don't see it,ask! They will usually make it or have lots available the next night. The chefs and kitchen staff are usually Indian and take pride when passengers ask about their food.

• 1 month later...

Vegetarian options are really on in MDR (with usually only one entree per night which I find really disappointing), Windjammer has more but it is buffet style, and Giovannio/Jaime's. In my experience and based on current menus available on the Royal app, there isn't any specialty restaurants that are truly vegetarian friendly outside of the italian ones. 150 CP on Oasis class ships only has one vegetarian entree that varies between some grilled vegetables and some cauliflower, which is just crazy . 

So if you want to do specialty dining I would say only do the italian place that your ship has. None of the others will be worth the money for a vegetarian.

Happy cruising 🙂