Need opinions for Coral -- Vista suite vs minisuite?

whale-watcher

We are planning to book a 10 day round trip Panama Canal cruise on the Coral for 12/29/2006...for a family of 6: DW and I, DD (age will be 16), 2DS (age 13 and 8), and mom (age 83)...

we are considering either 2 side-by-side vista suites or 3 side-by-side minisuites...at this point, the only minisuites available have uncovered balconies :( , but the cost savings would be $2000 over the 2 vista suites, and we would have the added advantage of a 3rd bathroom....

My main question would be...do the extra perks we would earn by having the 2 vista suite justify the extra price? The suites would have large and covered balconies, and separate showers as well as tub (easier for my elderly mother), as well as expanded room service menu, and priority boarding...

Also would like to hear from anyone regarding the new bedding in the suites and minisuites (this is one of the main reasons we would pick this option over 3 side-by-side balcony doubles, which would be an even less expensive option....

My TA currently is holding some cabins, but we have to select an option by tomorrow...THANKS!

Never did a suite but we had a Dolphin deck mini on the Coral cruise in Novemeber, never bothered us it was not covered, never did see the people above us staring down at us as we never looked back and up.

Seriosuly I would go for the mini-suites to save the money. Our boarding took all of 10 minutes (4 minutes to figure out the correct answers to "have you been sick in the last 48 hours" question, 2 minutes to get room keys, and 4 minutes to have pass through security and have our picture taken by the ships photographers.

Bedding was very comfortable, only ordered room service for breakfast twice and was happy with the limited menu or we went up to Horizon Court and got food to go.

$2000 will pay for a lot of shore excursions, drinks, shopping, etc (but then others would say an inside saves even more). Balcony was nice for the Canal day.

Our TA found 3 aft minisuites on the Dolphin deck -- D706/708/710 -- these are side by side, and hopefully will all connect via the balconies. I also think that these are all covered as well.

Any prior suite PAX have an opinion about the suite perks? I am leaning heavily towards the cost savings and extra bathroom at this point!

Archived