Internet

cbsmrich

Does anyone have tmobile. You can text with WiFi calling if both have Internet? And it’s no cost?

No cost, except for the Wifi plan.

You need to enable wifi calling on your phone BEFORE you cruise. You have to be connected to the cellular network to enable it. Once you do that, you can turn it on and off.

Thank you! Anyone know if I can use iMessage with the internet as well? Could I send a picture to my kids and vice versa through iMessage using Royal Caribbean’s internet?

It works by turning my phone on airplane mode and turning on the WiFi, correct? We don’t want to receive text messages during our cruise and have to pay for them.

iMessage is only over internet, not cellular.

Your iPhone support wifi calling. If your carrier does (and most do), you can enable wifi calling, leave your phone in Airplane mode, but turn on wifi (same as for iMessage), and then you can call and text for free. As well as use iMessage, Face Time, Whatsapp, Viper, imo, Messenger, or any other contact app you like.

iMessage is only over internet, not cellular.

Your iPhone support wifi calling. If your carrier does (and most do), you can enable wifi calling, leave your phone in Airplane mode, but turn on wifi (same as for iMessage), and then you can call and text for free. As well as use iMessage, Face Time, Whatsapp, Viper, imo, Messenger, or any other contact app you like.

Just to be clear, I can only do this with the VOOM Surf & Stream package because it involves video chat, correct? So I should make sure I have the package with video streaming included right?

If I purchase a plan from AT&T or $50 for 30 days with unlimited text and talk do I still have to hook up to the ship system and pay for that

ATT’s $50 cruise ship plan is unlimited text but not unlimited talk. You get 50 minutes of talk. You do have to connect to the ship’s cellular system (Cellular at Sea) to call or text, not WiFi.

Just to be clear, I can only do this with the VOOM Surf & Stream package because it involves video chat, correct? So I should make sure I have the package with video streaming included right?

You can use WiFi calling over Surf Only, as long as you don't want to do any video streaming.

Yes, video requires the Stream part.

You MIGHT be able to do it with Surf only, but the video will likely be very chopping, and more like still pictures.