Question about the Water Slides

soocruise

Are the water slides on all the ships the same size?

I've read something that all slides were 214 feet. I thought I remember doing research a few years ago where only the Spirit class ships had 3 story slides.

I'm confused, can anyone help?

Thanks

42 on some ships 48 on others.

SOme slides empty into the pool...thats the 48inch kid.

some slides empty into its own tub-- thats the 42 inch kid.

(spirit class ship slides has its own tub.. it does NOT empty into the bigger pool.)

Here is the skinny on the slides and pools from Carnival's FAQ:

"Use of the Waterslide:

Guests must be at least 48" inches in height to use the waterslide on the following ships:

Holiday, Jubilee, Celebration, Fantasy, Sensation, Elation, Paradise, Inspiration, Imagination, Fascination, Ecstasy

Guests must be at least 42" inches in height to use the waterslide on the following ships:

Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Spirit, Pride, Conquest, Legend, Glory, Miracle, Valor

Guests under 13 must have their parents permission.

Use of the Pools:

Due to United States Public Health (USPH) Regulations, we do not allow children in diapers or those not toilet-trained in the pools.

Lifeguards are not on duty.

Use of the pools by guests under 13 without adult supervision is prohibited."

A TA has now told me that the Triumph has a 3 story slide and the Legend only has a 1 story slide. Both slides are the same length I think, they just curve very differently?

From the ships people have been on, can you please confirm how tall you remember the slides being. If someone has been on both types of slides I would appreciate learning the differences.

I've promised my child I will take her on a cruise with a super huge slide like the one we saw parked beside us while on the Voyager a few years ago. She's 55" tall so we don't have to worry about the height.

We were on Fascination and I (29+;) ) rode the slide- I was impressed- very smooth, no seams to scrape the thighs on, and it was surprisingly fast. It dumped into the pool. We loved it! It was one story up, but very curvy and fast. Perfect thing to do after a mimosa or two...

Lisa

I'm not sure about the length of the slide on the Inspiration. I'm 21 and went down it twice. It was pretty fun as long as you are prepared to get some saltwater in your mouth when you land in the pool. It goes into the main pool and it's all on the lido deck with a staircase leading up to it, so I'm not sure how many stories it would be considered.

No one else has noticed the size of the slides on any of the other ships??

SOO -please give posters at least 24 hours to reply..not everyone can canswer right away..its a message board--not instant chat.

I know being a cruiser we have the less patience then anyone when it comes to waiting..

go to http://www.webshots.com and do a search for water slides with the name of the ship first-- (Inspirtation water slide)

I think Glory is like Destiny and Victory. Not sure of the number of stories ... thought it was 2 but it might have been 3. I do know that it emptied into its own basin. I did ride it, seemed pretty fast, lots of curves, and took about 25-30 seconds to ride (if I had to guess).

There are bound to be plenty of pics out there if you do a search.

Patience??? what's that LOL

Thank you so much, I knew someone on here would have the answer!

It looks like the TA was wrong and the legend and spirit do have the tall slides as well. hmmmm, time to call my other TA I think... if this one gets this wrong I have to wonder what else she will get wrong.

ROFL, nothing like basing a cruise on the height of the slide. {rolls eyes}

If we go, we're going next month, now I just have to decide which ship to go on. Looks like the Valor, Celebration, Destiny, Victory, Glory, Conquest, Truimph, Spirit and Legend all have the tall slides. Way too much to choose from LOL

No Dale, the slide is for anyone who is taller than the height requirements. Those 13 and younger (and husbands) need the permission of their parents (or wife).

(Comments in parentheses are for the amusement of all. Hopefully, all are easily amused)

I have seen people base their choices on some wierd things...

BUT if you are sailing next month-- especially towards the end- hurry before its all gone.

I have a group heading out on the Liberty next month-- 5 weeks. woo hoo can nto wait.

Also note the slides are only opened during set times each day. they also close if its windy.

So the slide is for anyone===ANYONE over 13???? After a few Bahama Mama's and the slide, sounds like fun!!!! Can some adults really try the slide??? Thanks

Some of the pics I looked at have some pretty large people on the slide, lots of old folks too.

If the kid is under 13, they need parental permission to go on the slide. Wonder how that works, my child is 10 and over 48" so it shouldn't be a problem as long as we are there, I hope?

I was under the assumption that all slids are not operational on the Carnival line. There has been many threads stating this. Has Carnival opened them back up?

Aaack!

Say it ain't so!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have been on the Conquest class ships and their water slide is at the middle of the ship and empties into its own basin. It is a very long slide I think 214 feet and tons of fun. I have also been on the Spirit class and their slide is at the tail of the ship. I actually like that slid better. It also empties into its own basin. The smaller ships like the Elation, empited into one of the pools and was very small.

A TA has now told me that the Triumph has a 3 story slide and the Legend only has a 1 story slide. Both slides are the same length I think, they just curve very differently?

The Legend, like all Spirit class ships has a three story slide.

Archived